Chapter 10: That works too

Heyyy guys sorry for the lack of updates, finals gmfu and SheCallsMeMoonlight has been rubbing off on me 🤧

Y/N's POV:

I stepped into the gym behind Ariana and my eyes widened in awe. I felt like a little kid again.

"Wow this school really goes all out for their athletes huh?" I spoke aloud, not really expecting anybody to answer.

"Yeah, we make them the most money so they gotta care and half the student body has a thing for or with the basketball players"

I looked at Ariana who just laughed.

One of the Student Body directors walked over to us with a clipboard in hand, assigning us a job to do, "Santos and Grande, you're on balloon duty"

When they turned their back toward us, Ariana made a stupid face and saluted them. I tried my best to stifle a laugh but I couldn't which caused an ASB member to glare at me.

Ariana lightly smacked my shoulder and we got to work on blowing up the balloon with the helium tanks.

"So why do the athletes have to help? This is literally for us and we've gotta do it? Wack" I tossed the inflated balloon to Ariana who caught it and rolled her eyes.
"The student body is...barely existing 'cause of Chloe. She's this raging blonde bitch who-"

Ariana stopped talking when someone approached us.

"I'm Chloe, the president of ASB" The blonde said with her hand extended, emphasizing the president.

I gave her a small smile and shook her hand, "I'm Y/N"
"Oh I know who you are, I just had to introduce myself"

She lightly bit her lip then gave me a wide grin before looking at Ariana who matched the mean look she gave her.

I stared in both awe and confusion at the interaction between the two.

"What's the deal with you?"
"What do you mean?"
"Why does everyone hate you?" I said simply.

"Because I like to voice my opinion and don't care who's feelings I hurt in the process is a simple way to put it"

I shrugged, picking up the orange balloon off the floor and handing it to her, "You could've just said you're a bitch"
"That works too"

Ariana and I had finished our job of hanging balloons around the gymnasium before we were escorted back to our 3rd period class only for the bell to ring, meaning we had to go back to the gym for the pep rally.

"Thinking about transferring?" Ariana asked beside me as we walked to the gym.

I looked down at her, watching a smile form onto her face as I spoke, "I'm quitting sports and dropping out. Pep rallies are now my least favorite thing"
"Ugh but they're so fun"

She grabbed my hand and raced through the halls, her ponytail flipping and flopping behind her as we ran toward the gym.

Ariana's POV:

We stood in position behind the basketball hoop, our hands behind our backs as the team played.

Y/N hopped off of one foot, then onto the other, going up for a shot only to get smacked and fouled.

I watched as she slid across the floor on her back toward us.

"Looks like you got hit a little hard there Santos" I said helping her up along with Courtney.

She smiled widely and thanked us, "Hey girls"
"I'm Courtney by the way"

Y/N waved to the both of us.

I waited until she had her back turned while she was running to the free throw line to elbow Courtney. I guess she saw because she made eye contact and she laughed.

-

"You've gotta admit it was a nice shot" Y/N said happily as we walked to my car, her baby hairs sticking up from the sweat she worked up from the game.

Her cheeks were still a bit red but it only added to the cuteness that was Y/N.

Absolutely adorable.

"Fine. It was a nice shot" I said jokingly rolling my eyes, earring a loud gasp followed by a laugh from Y/N.
"I literally won us the game, shut up"
"You only won us the game because the other team sucked more than you"

Y/N rolled her eyes and flicked my shoulder as I unlocked the trunk to put our bags in.

She took my Pom Pom from my hand and hit me in the face with it before running to the passenger seat and getting in before I could hit her back with it

"You wanna get food or just get dropped off?" I asked the brunette beside me as I pulled out of the school parking lot.
"I'm exhausted, straight home please"

I nodded, doing as she asked.

Before turning onto her street, we were hit with a red light and Passionfruit playing on the radio.

I looked over at her, catching her looking at me with a smile.

I moved my arm smoothly in a wave motion, passing it to her.

She was absolutely clueless.

"What am I supposed to do?" She frantically asked.
"You take it and pass it back before the light turns green. Hurry the fuck up"

She did as she was told, doing the worst pass-back wave I've ever seen which resulted in us crying of laughter.

Soon enough we were parked in front of her house. I had unlocked the trunk so she could get her stuff out and stepped out as well.

"What're you doing?" She asked me as I took one of her two bags from her and began walking toward her door.
"I'm walking you to your front door, what does it look like I'm doing?"

I watched her slightly smile at the gesture, stopping when shot her with a finger gun.

"Well, I guess this is goodnight Ms.Santos"
"I'm afraid it is goodnight Ms.Grande"

I couldn't help my eyes as they trailed down to her lips, subconsciously licking them in the process. When she cleared her throat I flinched, snapping back to reality.

"'Night"
"Drive safe, text me when you're home" She said and I nodded, giving her a thumbs up on the way back to my car.

When I got into the driver seat, I looked at the center console, realizing she left her black basketball hoodie on it.

"Hey Y/N-" I stopped myself from yelling when I saw her door shut and the lights out.

-

SheCallsMeMoonlight let me know if we're blocking @knewbetterd 😳