Chapter 11: Your girl?

Y/N's POV:

After stepping out of my mom's car and onto campus, I immediately noticed eyes on me. Just about everyone on campus was either looking directly at me or trying to subtly look my way.

Confused, I proceeded to walk through the opened double doors and into the hallway of school.

With a smile spread across my face, I walked over to Violet. Before I could say anything to her she had walked right past me without saying a word.

I sped up my steps and caught her before she turned the corner and disappeared.

"What's wrong?" I asked her lowly, concerned laced in my tone as my mind ran through a million scenarios, all of them ending in me doing something wrong.

She shrugged and I sighed loudly.

"C'mon talk to me V" I begged, watching as she looked to the ground before speaking to me for the first time today.
"We still on for tonight? The movies?"
"Y-Yeah of course, why wouldn't we be?"

She ignored my question, giving me a thumbs up and a slight nod before walking off.

What did I do?

I stumbled through the other students and made it to my locker.

For the first time since I transferred schools, I was able to unlock my locker with no help..until whoever was behind me immediately slammed it after I opened it.

Then the familiar scent of Axe body spray and minty gum filled my senses and everything made sense.

Dalton.

I let out a heavy sigh and leaned my forehead against the white locker as I spoke to the d-bag behind me.

"What's the deal Dalton?"

I listed my head up and grabbed a few of my books for my classes, "I'm trying to get my books before I'm late to class. The last thing I need is some d-bag harassing me and making me late for class"

Choosing to spend my time wisely and head to class rather than entertain him, I walked away, only to have him follow me.

"I wouldn't 'harass' you if you wouldn't make moves on my girl"

After emphasizing his supposed 'girl', I couldn't help but stop in my tracks and turn to face him with both a confused yet intrigued look, "Your girl? Who's your girl?"

Then the all-too familiar and partially infamous cheerleader walked by. It seemed like she walked in slow motion the way I began studying her every move.

"That's my hoodie..." I mumbled as I stared.

'Santos' was written across the back of it with my basketball number as well.

She moved her ponytail back across her shoulder as she looked me up and down, smiling at me as she turned the corner.

I stood in shock of what just happened.

Ariana's POV:

I'm surprised Y/N hadn't brought up what happened earlier in the hallway. I was hoping she would at least mention it since we were basically alone in the library. There were a few other students but they were all far from where we were sitting at the moment.

"What's up?" Y/N asked after she most likely noticed I wasn't paying attention to anything she was doing or saying to me.

"Dalton- I think he's gonna ask me out soon and I don't know what to say"