Chapter 3: You cheer?

Y/n's POV:

"Violet?"

She placed a hand on her hip and cocked an eyebrow, "There a problem?"
"I like it, it suits you" I said with a smile.

"Thank you. You have nice teeth"

My smile only grew at the weird comment,
"Nice teeth? That's an...odd compliment but I'll take it"

She then unlocked her own locker, grabbing a purple notebook and a few textbooks that I'm assuming were for her next couple of classes.

After she shut her locker she turned to face me, "Anyway, I'm very late to class. See you at the game on Friday?"

"Are you asking me out?" I questioned her, fixing the right strap on my backpack.
"Are you saying yes?"

I leaned my side against the locker and looked up, pretending to think about my answer.
"Mmmm that depends"
"Depends on what?" She asked as she stepped a bit closer to me.
"You gonna be in the stands beside me?"
"I'm gonna be on the field, it's mandatory for cheerleaders"

"You cheer?"

She nodded, moving her hair behind her shoulders.
"Really? I couldn't notice"
"Why? 'Cause my hair isn't in a ponytail or because I'm not wearing my uniform?"
"A little bit of both" I joked, watching as she looked me up and down.

"We don't wear our uniform unless it's game day"

I leaned in near her ear before whispering "Personally, I think cheerleaders are hot"

She nodded slowly, leaning in and doing the same, "I think you are too"
"Someone's a bit bold, aren't you late for your class?" I asked with a small smile.
"You're distracting" She said rolling her eyes and pushing my shoulder in a joking manner.

We held eye contact as she passed me, both of us having smiles plastered on our faces like idiots
"It's the smile isn't it?"
"Shut up Y/n"

I turned around and watched her walk away, turning left down the hall.

After she was out of sight, I pulled out my paper schedule.
"Get to class" One of the security guards said with a deep voice, scaring me.
"I'm new here, I have no idea where I'm going"

He walked over toward me and put his hand out for the paper. "You have Mrs.Hall"
"Need a lift there?"

I nodded and the muscular black man walked over to his golf cart and I sat beside him.

"I'm Mr.West, I'm the girls basketball coach"
"I used to play ball at my other school"
"You wanna try out?"

I shrugged, looking down at my schedule.
"When are tryouts?
"Today and Wednesday, you'll find out if you made it Friday"
"I'll see you there coach" I said shaking his hand.

After a short ride and some small talk, I stepped off the cart and into my classroom.

When I walked inside, the door slammed shut causing everyone to look back and stare at me.

"What's your name? And why are you late?"
"I'm y/n, and I just transferred here"

She motioned for me to go up to her which I did. She then looked at my paper and at her computer to confirm I was who I said I was.

"Just take a seat in the back and pull out a notebook or some paper, we're taking notes"

The class passed by rather quickly, probably because I missed over half of it. Instead of going to my locker like everyone else, I basically ran around campus trying to find my next class which was AP Chemistry.

I don't know why I decided to take an AP class, let alone one that I'm the worst in. Science isn't my strong suit.

I walked into the class clueless, taking the first open seat I saw.

"Someone's obsessed"

I turned around and saw the Brunette from earlier.

"Me? Obsessed?"

She nodded with a smile and I just shook my head.
"I think you hacked the school computer and changed your usual class to this so we'd have one together"
"Narcissistic?"
"I prefer charming" I said with a smile, turning back around to face the teacher just as he walked in.

Mr.Brown began his lesson but was soon interrupted when a boy with short black hair and a red letterman jacket walked in.

"Gomez, there a reason you're late?"

"I'm sorry Mr.Brown, I had to walk my girlfriend to class which is on the other side of campus and then I sprinted back here but I obviously didn't make it in time"
"Don't let it happen again or you'll have to walk up the office for a tardy pass" He lectured the boy who took the open seat beside me.

"You new here?"

I nodded, writing my name in the top of the right hand side of my paper. 

"I'm Dalton"
"Y/n"
"You play ball?" I asked him, nodding toward the sports bag on the ground with a pair of gray Lebron 12's on top.

"Yeah, I'm captain. You?"
"I played at my old school but I'm gonna try out today after class"
"My sister is Captain of the girls Varsity, I'll put in a good word for you" He nudged me a little with his elbow.

-

I finished my last 4 classes then made my way toward the locker room to get changed into shorts.

Mom: where are u? I'm outside

I texted her saying I was trying out for basketball and sent me back an 'ok' with the thumbs up emoji.

I walked inside the locker room and put my bag on the ground in front of a random locker, taking off my shirt and changing into a loose white t-shirt.

"I saw you talking to Violet in the hallway"

I turned my head to the right and saw some girl sitting on the bench, putting on her shoes.

"Is there something wrong with it? Is she like in a relationship with someone?"
"Not that I know of"
"Then what's the issue?"

She completely ignored my question and introduced herself instead.

"You must be new, I'm Jordyn"
"Y/n"
"You trying out for basketball? Or are you one of those weird kids who run cross-country or track for fun?"
"Yeah I'm trying out for basketball"

We started talking after we both locked up our things and walked into the gym.

"Ladies, baseline"