Four.

The beeping that woke me up sounded nothing like the beeping I so vaguely remembered from my dizzy night in the glass room, thank God. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times as the brightness of the room got to me, blinding me temporarily.

I looked around in panic and set off some machines.

I had an oxygen mask on my face and I so badly wanted to rip it off.

"Oh thank God!"

I looked up and saw Justin.

My heart beat quickened as I looked at his face. I thought I'd never see that face again. My breath hitched at the sight of him and my eyes began to warm up.

He looked so tired and unusual. His hair stayed neat, the way it usually was, but his eyes were dark and his face pale. He also had a stubble that was thicker than the time we went for dinner at his parents' house.

He put his phone in the pocket of his navy blue pants. He wore a white shirt of which he'd undone the first two buttons, his tie was loose and tilted to the side slightly as if he'd tugged on it often.

As we locked gazes, I noticed his eyes soften. As a tear rolled down his cheek, he turned around and ran his hands over his face as he let out a deep breath.

I started to cry too because I was seeing the pain I'd put him through.

Justin's phone rang and he quickly pulled it out of his pocket.

"What?" He snapped. "Yes. Sort that out, I am in the middle of something important. Personal. You know what to do, do it." He hung up then looked at me.

He was mad at me.

I slowly pulled the mask off my face and stared at hin.

He didn't move. He didn't know what to say to me.

"Water?" I whispered.

He looked around the room and found a glass for me then he poured me some water. When he handed me the glass, I placed my hand on his and that tensed his body.

I frowned and took the glass of water and started drinking.

Through the door came a doctor. He was pretty tall, had dark brown skin and a bald head. Beneath his white coat he wore a purple shirt. He looked really clean.

"Ah, Miss Banks. How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Okay." I responded.

"How long has she been up, Mr Bieber?" The doctor turned to Justin whose eyes were still on me.

"A couple of minutes." Justin said.

"Right. I'm going to check your eyes, mouth and chest then I'm going to have a word with Mr Bieber in the corridor, alright?" The doctor looked between Justin and I.

"Yes." Justin said.

The doctor checked me, as he said he would, then he and Justin left the room to talk.

I looked around the room to pass the time.

Justin walked in again, alone, and he sat in the chair beside my bed.

"Catherine is going to bring you something to eat." He said to me.

I looked at him.

"Dr Porter said that you'll be discharged in about two days, if your condition improves. They've ran some tests and I am relieved that most came back negative. Once I take you home, I'm going to make sure you eat because you're lacking nutrients. Then I'm going to send you for therapy or counseling for this traumatic experience, understand?"