Thirteen.

Justin wasn't home when I arrived and I remembered him telling me about his back to back meetings.

The weather was still gloomy.

I got into the shower then put on a fluffy sweater (as I'd hoped to do) with a pair of jeans and socks. I tied my hair up in a ponytail then headed downstairs to prepare dinner for Justin and I.

I plugged my iPhone into some speakers in the kitchen and put it on shuffle. As I got some ingredients out, I swayed my hips to Chris Brown's Don't Be Gone Too Long.

I couldn't wait to tell Justin about my day and Lola. I hoped it would cheer him up if his day went badly.

I didn't have to go see Pattie tomorrow or visit the home, so I prayed Justin wouldn't be busy then either. I wanted to visit the beach or spend the day on his boat. Even staying in would be okay, I thought.

The door opened as I set the table and in walked my handsome (and overworked) boyfriend.

I greeted him with a big smile and walked over to him to give him a hug.

"You look exhausted." I pouted, looking up at him.

He gave me a lazy smile and pecked my lips gently.

"I am. I want to get some work done tonight too so I don't have to show up to the office tomorrow. I don't think I want to see anyone from work after today's meetings." He sighed.

"That bad?"

Justin nodded.

I caressed his cheek with my hand then placed a little kiss on his chin.

"Dinner's ready." I said, "I could get you a glass of wine?"

"Thanks, sweetheart. I want to hop in the shower quickly, if you don't mind."

"Okay. I'll wait for you." I said.

Justin smiled slightly them headed up the stairs as he unfastened his tie.

As he showered and tried to unwind from his work stress, I quickly cleaned up around the kitchen by doing the dishes and wiping down the counter.

Justin finally joined me at the table. He'd changed into a pair of sweat pants and a grey t-shirt. His hair was slightly wet and messy from his shower but I liked it.

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, I got you some diving school books for you to study when you can." He said to me as we ate.

"You're really keen on getting me to drive, huh?" I smiled, flattered by his generosity.

"Yes, I am." He smiled.

"I'll have a look at them throughout the weekend." I said.

Justin nodded.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"It was really good." I smiled. "I met this little girl with the prettiest eyes, Justin. And I read to her. She wouldn't help me stack the books until I promised I'd read to her. I read three books and then it was lunch time before I knew it. All those kids are adorable but I thought they wouldn't like me or something. After lunch, we all played some games and read to all the kids and stuff."

Justin smiled at me.

"I'm glad you had fun." He said.

"You should pop in some time. You'll melt." I giggled.

"I don't think they'd like me." Justin sipped his wine.

"That's what I thought." I reminded him.