.33

on tuesday, i'm going back to traditional school for the first time since march 🥲

5ive 🥺

A knock on my door interrupts me from my current episode of Spongebob.

I turn to see who it is and Deion peeks his head in.

"Hey, baby.", he says and I feel a smile come across my face.

"Hi..", I reply and he fully comes in.

He had clean clothes on and was carrying a few bags full of what I'm guessing to be more clothes.

"I'm glad to see that you're finally up."

I shrug. "I'm still kinda sleepy."

"Same. I had to make sure you were good first.", he responds, making my heart skip a beat.

He pulls a chair up as close to me as he can get and sits down.

A thick silence falls over us, but I already knew what was on his mind. Hell, the same thing was on mine.

It was just hard to bring up. What do I say? How is he taking it? I'll never know until I ask..

"How're you feeling?", I finally ask De, breaking the silence.

He sighs softly. "I'm good, babe. As long as you're here with me, I'ma be alright."

"You're not sad about y'know?", I question and he shrugs.

"I mean, yeah, I am. But at the same time, we didn't know about it for me to grow attached."

He adds, "But you on the other hand... You had all of us scared as hell, not knowing what the doctor was gonna say. Your pops even passed out for a few minutes, but he's good now."

"That man knows he can faint.", I say, laughing softly.

Then, I remember something.

I tell Deion, "Oni came by."

His face straightens and he gets serious. "The fuck she want?"

"She apologized or whatever, but I wasn't going for it.", I reply, not forgetting to roll my eyes.

"As you shouldn't. I understand you were tryna be the bigger person last time y'all were beefing, but that shit she just pulled ain't cool."

Nodding, I respond, "On God. That bitch wanted me dead as if we ain't grow up close as hell."

"She wanted you dead but lost her nigga instead.", De says and I give him a weird look.

"Nelly? He died?", I question.

De nods. "Yep. After you got shot, your people lit him up."

"Wow..", I whisper. "I'an sad or anything, but I didn't know they were riding for me like that."

Smiling, he tells me, "Hell yeah! Gang ties run deep, especially for the dead homies' people. I would've got me some in too, but I was too worried about my babygirl."

"Period.", I respond, swiping my neck. "Faceass."

I would've got smart, but I wanted to be under him instead.

"Anyways.." I scoot over a little in my bed.

Patting the spot beside me, I tell him, "Lay down."

He gives me a weird look. "I'm not tryna bump your stomach or any of these wires on accident."

"Nigga, I got this. Lay down.", I repeat, patting the bed harder.

Smacking his lips, he gets up anyway.

I scoot over a little more and move my IV out of the way.

Finally, he lays down.

"You got enough room?", I ask and he nods. "Good, now lemme lay on your arm."

Deion laughs at me but holds his arm out anyway.

I mumble a small, "As you should.", and lay on it.

A comfortable silence falls over us as I listen to his soft breathing.

"My hands cold as shit.", De whispers to himself.

I pay it no mind until he tucks one in the front of his pants and the other under my hospital gown, slightly gripping my titty.

"Damn, yo' nipple got hard quick.", he tells me and I smack my lips. "Your hand is cold, dumbass."

He replies with a small "Mhm.", and leans his head onto mine.

"I love you.", he whispers. "I love you too, babe."

"Go on to sleep though, love. I know you're tired.", I say and I feel him nod.

Eventually, his soft snores are heard and I'm right behind him.

eh.. some more headass relationship talk that my single (pimpin) ass cannot relate to 💔.