.26

FiveyWivey 🤌🏾

A Couple Days Later...

"Five, I have to go.", my dad tells me, trying to pry me from his side.

He and Cassie were supposed to be hitting the road while I'm at school, but I just couldn't say goodbye. The past few days have reminded me of all the fun we would have together back home.

"Nooooo, stay for my birthday.", I respond, still attached to his hip.

He laughs at my pleas. "I can't, babydoll. Your birthday is in only 3 days, but I have to get back to work."

"You want that car for graduation, don't you?", he adds, and I sigh. (chile my parents gave me a car like ik how to drive. bitch i can't een ride a bike)

Finally letting him go, I dramatically fall onto the ground.

"I'll make sure to call you everyday and text you as much as I can, okay?", he says, squatting down to me.

I nod with a small frown. "Next time you come will be for my graduation?"

"Yep, but that's in only a month. It'll be over before you know it.", he tells me, smiling softly.

Sighing again, I reply, "Okay, dad."

He smiles even wider and pulls me into a hug.

"You want me to drop you off at school?", he asks. "Duh, old man."

Time Skip...

I sat in the passenger seat of my dad's truck, bopping my head to the slow jams that rang through his speakers.

"Zaire..", my dad calls out, turning the radio down. "Hmm?"

He questions, "Do you see why I told you not to get too close to Oni?"

"Hell yeah.", I answer, and he nods.

"She's always been a little... off. I'an ever seen her act like that, though. Who in their right mind shrugs off their family member's death?"

"On Jesus's sandal.", I reply. "That's why I beat her ass."

He reaches over the center console and pinches my exposed arm. "Watch your mouth."

"But yeah, as you should've. Especially if she was talking as reckless as she was at that dinner table.", he adds.

Rubbing my now sore arm, I respond, "Chile, that ain't even the half. Apparently, I was stealing her friends and I wanted her life."

"Then she said she was tired of hearing the sob story about my 'mutha-eff'n brother'.", I continue and his eyes widen.

I notice his facial expression, and before he could say anything, I add, "If I'm lying, I'm flying."

"You should've beat her ass then. That's disrespectful on so many levels."

Changing the subject, Pops begins, "On another note.."

"You're dating a 21 year old?", he questions and my heart drops.

I silently nod and he chuckles. "Don't go quiet on me now."

"Yessir, he turned 21 a few months back.", I answer. "But I'm gonna be 18 in 3 days."

"I know, babydoll. That's why I'm not spazzing. I'm just curious on how y'all met.", he replies.

I mumble a simple, "Oh.", and brainstorm on how we actually met.

"Well, he was cool with Oni, along with my 2 homegirls and my buddy DJ. They were all at Auntie's house when I first got down here and we've all been close since.", I briefly explain.

He nods, taking in the information given.

"They're all your age?", he asks, making me shake my head.

I answer, "Well everybody is, except for DJ. He's 21 too."

"How the hell are y'all friends then?", he questions further.

"DJ and Deion are cousins/bestfriends, and DJ is Ari's brother. That's all I've been told."

Finally, we pull up to my school.

"I'll text you before we hit the road, okay?", my dad says, watching as I grabbed my backpack and purse "Okay, dad. I love you."

"I love you too, Zaire.", he replies and I get out.

I make my way inside of the school and towards my homeroom.

As I walk, multiple people speak to me, and being the nice ass person I am, I speak back.

"Good morning, Miss Collins.", Ms. Kolin says as I enter the class. "Same to you."

I go straight to my usual seat near Lennox and Ari.

"Well someone's in a good mood today.", Ari's messy ass announces, smirking at me.

Lennox asks, "You must've got some more weiner?"

"Bro, chill out.", I mumble, laughing. "But to answer your question, I'm at peace now. Everything feels in order."

They look at each other and simultaneously say, "She got some dick."

"I didn't.", I whine and cover my face.

Ari questions, "So you want some peeter?" (omg, it can be called pooter peeter. don't block me, im sorry 😭😭😭)

"Oh my God, can we stop talking about my man's penis?", I suggest, smiling through the embarrassment.

"Okay, okay.", Ari replies, dropping it.

"Anyways..", Lennox begins. "How was the dinner the other night. You said you were gon' tell us everything today."

"Chile, it was a disaster.", I briefly answer.

Smiling, Ari says, "Don't be shy. Go into detail."

"Okay, so boom... it all started when Oni introduced her boyfriend.."

80 votes fa the next chapter 🙂