.18

ima keep it a buck. i usually update every sunday night, but y'all ain't een active fr. why would i stress myself to keep up a schedule when i don't even get votes/comments?

Five ♥️

The Next Day...

"Five! Oni! Get in here now!", my aunt's voice yells by my door, waking me up.

I let out a groan and get up.

With a yawn, I drag myself out of my room and into the living room.

"Wassup?", I ask, getting comfortable on a couch.

Oni comes in and does the same.

Getting straight to the point, my aunt says, "I'ma need for y'all to get this shit together. I let the incident at school slide, but fighting under my roof? That shit is unacceptable."

"Bu-"

"I'm not finished.", she continues, cutting Oni off.

"You owe your cousin an apology. Your uncle asked us to take her in for a few months so that they can properly heal, but you just had to make this about you. And Five, you could've talked to me about it instead of turning to violence."

"I don't know how one small problem blew up to be this big, but y'all better talk it out right now, and if I find out y'all are fighting again, I'm jumping the fuck in. Do I make myself clear?"

We both nod but she doesn't take that for an answer. "I said, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am.", we answer together. "Now talk this shit out like some fuckin' adults."

She leaves us alone and Oni is the first to speak.

"I'm really sorry, Five.", she begins, looking me in my eyes.

"I was jealous because I was always the center of attention. And I'm so sorry for constantly disrespecting Zaide. There ain't too much I can really say to justify that shit, but I'm sorry. I really am."

I nod and respond, "I forgive you, O."

"The last thing I ever wanted to do was make you feel left out or uncomfortable. Hell, we could all be one big friend group like in the movies and shit.", I tell her.

"I would love that, no cap."

Smiling, I question, "So I got my cousin back?"

"Duh, nigga. Bring it in."

She gets up with open arms and I do the same.

"I love you, Five.", she says and hugs me.

I hug her back and reply, "I love you too, Oni."

"So, how about we go back to sleep, and when we wake up, you give us all the details about you and Deion?", she suggests with a smile, pulling away.

"You had me at go back to sleep.", I respond, making the both of us laugh.

And with that, we go back to our separate rooms.

I climb over Ari and get back in my position in the middle of the bed.

Before I could get comfortable again, my phone began ringing.

"What the hell, man?", I mumble and get back up.

I grab my phone from the dresser and the name almost makes me cry.

"Hi, dad.", I say, answering the call.

"Hey, babygirl.", he responds. I could hear the smile in his voice.

Walking back out of my room, I ask him, "How've you been?"

"I've been better. How about you?"

"Same here.", I answer.

A silence falls over us as we simply listen to each other breathe.

"I'm sorry, Zaire.", he says lowly, breaking the silence.

The mention of my government name pricks at my heart and I feel the familiar tingle in my throat.

I clear my throat. "Um- for what?"

"I wasn't able to give you the comfort you needed so I just sent you away.", he answers.

He adds, "Just know that daddy loves you, babygirl."

"I love you too, dad.", I reply, biting my lip to keep from crying for the millionth time. I feel like such a punk...

"Anyways, someone's birthday is next month."

I pause to think, and that's when it hits me.

"Oh shoot, I sholl turn 18 next month.  I completely forgot.", I say, laughing at myself.

He tells me, "I didn't. How could I forget that my youngest is almost an adult?"

"Yeah, you're getting old on us.", I respond.

He scoffs. "50 isn't old, baby. Just because your knees are cracking doesn't mean mine are."

"My knees really do be popping, but we ain't gonna speak on it.", I say, laughing at him.

We talk for almost an hour before he has to get ready for work.

He tells me, "I love you so much, Zaire. I know you want me to call you that nickname, but I miss my babygirl."

"I miss you too, dad.", I reply.

"I'll see you for your birthday, babydoll. Talk to you later."

"Alright, dad. Bye."

And with that, I hang up...

60 votes fa the next chapter 🌚.