.46

Deion 🥶

A Couple Days Later...

"What it do, bitch?", DJ asks, answering my FaceTime call.

Five hasn't been calling me back until late at night, but she says it's because she has a surprise. Gag is, I don't like surprises.

"Aye, you know what Five's surprise for me is?", I question.

Shaking his head, he answers, "Nope, not at all."

"But even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. I'an no snitch bitch.", he adds and I mug him. "You're an ass, though."

He smacks his lips just as Five's name pops up on my screen.

"I'ma call you ba- no, I ain't. Bye."

Hanging up, I answer Five's call.

"Hey, bae...and baby." There was a small, newborn baby laying on her bare chest.

"Surpriiiiise!", she whisper yells, tilting the phone so that I could see the baby's full face.

I give her a weird look, lowkey confused.

"Meet Syx Zai'Anthony Collins."

My jaw drops. "What the hell?"

"Oni signed her rights over.", she briefly explains.

I stare in silence, trying to put 2 and 2 together.

"And you're his mama now?", I ask and she nods.

I give her a look. "Are you sure you wanna take on this responsibility? I mean, you just graduated and you're living with your dad."

"I'm sure, Deion. I've been here almost all day for the last two days, and I'm sure I can handle this. I'm gonna give him the mother he deserves.", she responds.

Still worried, I question, "It isn't weird, though? Knowing that he isn't your biological son? It seems like she just dropped a baby on you."

"Honestly, it kinda is. But still, he's an innocent child. He has nothing to do with my issues with Oni, and I don't want him to grow up without an actual mommy like me."

Sighing, I let her have it. "If that's what you wanna do, babe. You know I got you through it all."

Then it hits me. "Wait- why can't Oni raise him?"

"Oh hell, I was supposed to tell you about that too.", she mumbles.

"Wait, let me add DJ too because this involves him."

The call quickly disconnects but pops back up with an extra square.

"Wassup, cu- Why is there a baby on your chest?" DJ cuts his sentence short once he notices baby Syx.

Five cracks a smile. "This is my son, Syx."

"Awww, we got a gang baby?"

She nods with the same smile. "Yep. Oni signed her rights over."

"But back to why I added you. I already told my daddy and he is working on it now, but guess what."

"Oni signed on as a witness to clear y'all's name. She's going for more of a murder-for-hire type thing."

DJ's eyes widen. "On God?"

"On Big Jesus.", Five replies.

"She's basically gonna be saying that she paid y'all to kill him but I got caught in the crossfire.", she adds.

I ask, "That could still get us some jail time, no?"

"My dad said if you do, it's not nearly as long as a murder sentence."

"Just tell her to say it was me.", DJ tells her and I snap my eyes towards the square that held his face. "Bro, what?"

He shakes his head. "Nah, De. You ain't shoot him."

"I've always been the one who pulled the trigger so you ain't have to live with blood on your hands. I got this.", he adds and I sigh.

"DJ, no. You're my left hand. If you go down, I go down right beside you.", I tell him.

He shakes his head again. "It ain't shit I'm not used to."

"Don't do this shit, DJ. Forreal. I'an letting you do this shit alone. We've always been like that."

He responds, "And that's changing now, cuh. My mind is made up."

And with that, he hangs up.