.19

y'all needa run this one up so i can drop the next chapter. that mf is a BANGER! 😼

chapter 1/3 of the night.

5ive 🖐🏾

A Few Days Later; Wednesday Night..

"I'm so bored.", Deion tells me from his end of the FaceTime call.

That's been our everyday routine for the last couple of weeks.

I can't have a good night's sleep without him. Trust me, I've tried. If he's not on the phone or something, the nightmares start.

Y'all already know how that goes...

Shit got me falling for him already. Like, he's perfect.

Respectful, sensitive, funny, and he isn't friendly. Ugh, that's my stink 🥺.

Anywho, back to the story...

"On God.", I respond. "There ain't shit to do on Wednesday nights."

He says, "Well, you should be sleeping since you go back to school tomorrow."

"Fuck them kids. I know most of the stuff they're teaching anyway.", I reply, rolling my eyes.

"You still gotta do the work, though. I'll be damned if you don't walk across that stage in May."

Waving him off, I reply, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"What're your plans after high school?"

I pause to think for a few seconds.

"Well..." And with that, I start talking about my life goals.

However, as I talk, I notice that Deion had sat his phone down.

"Um, what you doing?", I ask him and he puts half of his face into the camera.

He answers, "Don't worry about all that, just keep talking."

"Not until you tell me what you're doing.", I reply. "So you just wanna be mean now?"

"I didn't say that, Deion." I let out a small laugh.

"If my voice made you feel some typa way, that's all you had to say.", I tell him.

He cracks a small smile and sits up in his bed. "Put some shoes on."

"I'm finna come steal you for a little bit.", he adds and hangs up, leaving me no time to rebut.

A few seconds pass of me staring at my phone in confusion before I finally get up.

Grabbing a random pair of shorts from my drawer, I slip them on and step into my slippers.

I unplug my charger just as headlights shine through my window.

Making my way out of my room, I check to make sure my aunt's door is closed before speed walking out.

Within a few seconds, I'm sitting in Deion's passenger seat in my bonnet and night clothes.

"I'ma beat yo' ass for hanging up on me.", I tell him as I close the door behind me. "Whatever, gimme some love."