.23

chapter 2/2 of the night...

Fivey Wivey 😕

"For starters," Deion begins, and I sit down on my bed. "I'm really sorry, I swear I am."

"What was that sorry supposed to do?", I ask him, tilting my head.

He shrugs. "Shit, I don't know. But I feel your pain. Every ounce."

"Oh, you feel my pain? How is that?", I question.

Blankly, he answers, "My brother was killed too."

My heart drops at his confession, but I keep my composure.

"I'm sorry to hear that.", I say lowly.

"It still hurts, especially since the memories were brought back up.", he tells me.

Before I could reply, he asks me, "Do you even know the type of life your brother was living?"

"Yeah, why?", I reply.

"Did you know that he was a killer himself?", he questions further, making me scrunch my face up.

I answer, "Zaide wasn't like that. He wouldn't hurt a fly."

"Oh, he wasn't? Then why'd he take my little brother from me?", he says and I could hear the pain in his voice.

"Antoine was only 19, bruh. He had a bright ass future ahead of him, but he got into it with one of them slobs. Next thing I know, we're at DJ's house and getting sprayed at."

"The sight of his dead body would still haunt me, but you were my happiness. You distracted me from that."

Tears fell from his eyes as he spoke.

"Five, baby, I swear I'm not a killer. I couldn't even bring myself to pull a trigger, hence why DJ was there."

"And that night in the closet, I couldn't bring myself to hurt you. I wanted to wipe your tears and comfort you. I promise, if I could take it back, I would just by seeing how much pain I've caused you. I would give this gang shit up for you."

By now, I was crying too.

I climb from my bed and walk up to him.

Wrapping my arms around his torso, I bring him into a hug. His find their way around my waist and pull me closer.

"I love you so much.", Deion mumbles into my hair, followed by a sniffle.

I reply, "I love you too.", making him hug me even tighter.

We were two damaged souls who were only healed by the other.

"I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you, baby."

Taking a deep breath, I respond, "I forgive you."

He pulls away and looks down at me.

"Forreal?", he asks and I nod. "It's the only way I can properly heal."

He stares at me for a few seconds before leaning down and placing a soft kiss onto my lips.

Once he pulls away, he wraps his arms back around me and leans his forehead onto mine.

A comfortable silence falls over us as I stand in his arms.

"Deion?", I call out, breaking the silence. "Hmm?"

I ask, "Do you wanna spend the night?"

"If you want me to, baby.", he answers and I pull away.

I grab his hands and lead us to my bed.

He kicks his shoes off and we climb in.

I cuddle into his side and lay my head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"I think Nelly is next.", he tells me out of nowhere, and in all honesty, I was happy to hear that.

He continues, "He was the one Antoine was beefing with, and even though we graduated together, that shit was a wrap. Plus he snaked your brother, and for you, I'm not letting that slide."

"Thank you.", I tell him, looking up at him. He cracks a smile, basically saying "You're welcome."

"So your real name is Zaire?", Deion questions, changing the subject. "I remember hearing that."

"Uh-", I stutter, "Yeah."

He laughs softly. "Zaire. Za-ire. Zaiiiiire. That's a pretty ass name. I like the way it rolls off the tongue."

"Bye as fuck.", I mumble, laughing with him.

Another silence falls over us, and before I know it, Deion's soft snores are heard.

Pretty soon, I was dozing off too.