.41

5ive 🦋

The Next Day...

"You sure you got everything, babygirl? We're going straight to see about Deion and DJ after we leave the doctor's office.", my dad tells me, turning around in his seat.

Nodding, I keep scrolling through my music.

I just couldn't wait to see my boopie. His mama called my dad this morning, and apparently, De didn't wanna call me because he knew I was gonna be a punk about it.

"Your dad is talking to you, Five.", Cassie's bitch ass says, interrupting my thoughts.

Scrunching my face up, I reply, "I know. I answered him."

"I'm not one of your little friends so watch how you talk to me."

I scoff. "Nor are you my mama, Cassandra, so watch how you talk to me."

"Okay, that's enough. Let's just gone to where we gotta go.", my dad tells us, trying to change the subject.

I let it go and press play on my music, letting my thoughts take over me.

My staples come out today and a bitch is beyond ready.

First thing I'm doing is beating Cassie's ass the moment she comes for me again. Hell, I might not even make it out of the doctor's office before laying her ass out.

She's been on it since my dad and I came home from seeing my real mama (and stopping to get me some Airpods so I wouldn't have to listen to Cassie bitch the entire drive).

Oh yeah, about her...

Apparently, she's been sober for a little while. Just homeless.

Y'all ain't hear this from me, but my dad got her a hotel room and food to last until we got back.

I don't care, I think my dad still has something for her. Ain't no way he did that for no reason.

"Zaire, we're here.", my dad tells me.

Getting out, I fix my clothes.

Time Skip....

"So, how does it feel?", the doctor asks me, referring to my staple free stomach.

I shrug. "Like normal, I guess."

"That's great. Your wound is fully healed, but still be careful, okay?", she tells me and I nod.

Within a few minutes, we're back in my dad's truck.

I silently pair the Airpods my daddy bought me with my phone, only for Cassie to glance back to me.

"When did you get those?", she questions.

Not even looking at her, I answer, "Yesterday."

"Let me guess, your daddy bought 'em for you.", she says. "And what about it?"

She ignores my response and turns to my daddy. "We talked about this already. She doesn't deserve anymore gifts."

"Why I don't?", I ask her ugly ass, trying to lean forward in my seat. The seatbelt stops me from getting too far.

Sighing, she rolls her eyes. "I'm not talking to you. This is between me and your dad."

"You're talking about me, so therefore I'm automatically added. Now, like I said, why don't I deserve any gifts?"

I ignore whatever her answer is and focus on taking my seatbelt off.

Tuning back in, I hear her say, "You've gotten away with too much and that ends now. I'm not putting up with your shit anymore."

"What all I get away with?", I question. "For one, you lied about your preg-"

Before she could finish that fuck ass sentence, I was across the center console, tagging that ass.

"Finally got yo' ass.", I mumble as I throw punches left and right.

She gets a few in too and pushes me back onto my dad.

"Y'all, stop!", he yells, swerving.

I regain my balance and start back hitting her bitch ass. Hell, I made sure she felt all 7 years of my irritation.

Before I know it, we're on the side of the road.

My daddy tries to pull me off of Cassie, but I keep on swinging like my life depends on it.

Finally after one good tug, the fight is broken up.

"Five, calm down.", my daddy says as I let him carry me a few feet away.

He sits me on the curb and squats down.

"You gotta stop letting her get to you, babydoll.", he tells me, staring in disappointment.

I immediately feel like shit. "Sorry, dad."

"It's okay, babygirl. Just please try and control your anger.", he says and I nod.

Once he walks away, a smile creeps its onto my face.

Finally got that ass.