.47

chile not me disappearing for almost a month-

FiveyWivey ❤️

Later that Night; Around Midnight...

I rolled around in my bed, unable to go to sleep. My mind was too awake.

Between my decision of raising Syx and DJ taking the fall for Nelly's murder, my thoughts were going crazy.

After a little over an hour of tossing and turning, I finally sit up.

Grabbing my phone from the night stand, I see Deion's sleeping face. I can only imagine how he's feeling.

I get up and sit my phone back down, sliding my feet in my fluffy slippers.

Making my way out of my room, I make sure to keep my steps quiet to avoid waking everybody up. I ain't got the time to listen to my aunt fuss.

I walk into the kitchen and turn the light on, only for my dad to be sitting at the table.

"Can't sleep?", I ask him, grabbing a spoon. "Not a wink."

As I reach in the freezer for my ice cream, he questions, "You can't either, huh?"

"Nope, not at all.", I answer and sit beside him.

A brief silence falls over us as I open my tub.

"What's on your mind? You look stressed.", he asks.

Sighing softly, I answer, "A lot."

"Talk to me, babygirl. I'm all ears."

I take a second to think about what I want to say.

"Well, one thing is with DJ and Deion. You know how I was telling you that Oni wanted to go for the murder-for-hire thing?" He nods and I continue talking.

"DJ wants to take the full fall for it, but he and De are attached at the hip. So of course, De ain't going for it. But DJ wasn't hearing none of that, so he hung up before De could say anything else. Now my stink is all stressed out."

"And then, the thing with Oni and her baby has been on my mind like crazy.", I add. "What about her baby?" Oop-

"I forgot to tell you?", I ask him and he nods with a look of confusion.

"Well, she signed over her rights."

"And you want to raise the baby as your own?", he questions, making me nod.

I try to reason, "Hear me out, though. I know it's a big responsibility, but I'm almost positive I can handle it. That kid has carved a spot into my heart within the few times I've seen and held him, dad."

"I'll get a job, rent my own apartment, and whatever else it takes, dad. I just want to give Syx the life he deserves."

Chuckling softly, he shakes his head. "Calm down, babygirl."

"But, you're not a dummy. You know right from wrong, left from right, and up from down. Parenting isn't something taught. You learn as you go. But when you need guidance, you have me, your aunt, and the Internet. Okay?"

I nod with a small smile.

"And as for the job and apartment, you can get a job to pay your rent, and I'll handle bills. Deal?", he says and holds his hand out.

My smile grows wider and I shake his outstretched hand. "Deal."

"Remember, if you don't have anyone else in your corner, you got your daddy.", he tells me and I nod. "Of course, dad."

"Now..", I intertwine my fingers and put them onto the table as if I'm finna interview him. "What's on your mind?"

Simply, he says, "I'm stuck."

"Stuck? What you mean?", I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

He explains, "I don't know what I want. I could start over with Claire, patch things up with Cassie, or just go it alone from here."

"I'm stuck because each option has a positive aspect, yet they still have negative effects too. Like if I was to be with your mama, I would have to learn to trust her all over again and you would have to grow close to her. But I still have this strong love for her that never faded. It may have dimmed because of a brighter light but it was still there."

"And with Cassie, you and her were like hot oil and water. Y'all have never gotten along, and it got worse as you grew up. But still, she understood me and loved me to with everything in her."

"I'm good with being alone, but I'm 50 years old. I wouldn't even be looking for love, more so a death buddy.", he finishes, only for me to let out a small laugh.

Covering my mouth, I say, "I'm sorry. That just caught me off guard."

"But you're in a real pickle right now. It's truly up to you and how you want the rest of your life to go.", I add and he sighs.

"That's the thing. I'm content with it all, but I just can't make a decision. Who do you want me with?"

Pausing, I take a few seconds to think.

"I can honestly see you with..."

Who y'all want Pops with? I'm tryna end this onna happy note 🥲.