.02

Five 💋

"This girl got all of her lil' friends in my damn house.", my aunt says to herself, parking in the driveway among the few cars.

"Ooh, I'll be glad when y'all take y'all asses to school on Monday.", she adds.

We get out and I grab my bags from the trunk.

Following her to the door, she unlocks it and we walk in.

"Oni! Your cousin is here!", she yells, and within seconds, my favorite cousin comes running up to me.

"FIVE!", she yells, tackling me.

"Oh my gosh! I missed you so much!", she squeals, hugging me tightly on the ground.

"I missed you too, O.", I respond, patting her back.

She eventually gets up and helps me up in the process.

"Let's go put your bags up so you can meet my friends.", she says, and rushes me to my room.

I throw my bags onto the bed and follow Oni back out to the living room.

Walking in, I notice the small group that was seated around the room, 2 out of the 3 being girls.

"Aye, y'all...", Oni says, gaining the attention of everybody.

"This my cousin Five. She just moved here from ATL.", she announces, and I give a nod.

"You a slob?", one of the guys ask me. "Nah, but watch that word. Anymore questions?"

"Not at the moment.", he answers.

"Anyways... I'm Lennox. Nice to meet you, girl.", one of the girls says. "The dumbass you was just arguing with is Daren, and that's his sister Ari."

"Bitch, my name is DJ. Don't play wimme.", he responds, mugging Lennox.

"Nice to meet y'all.", I tell them, laughing at DJ's sudden outburst.

"Sit down, boo. We cool for real.", Ari tells me, and I do as told.

"Look at my baby making friends.", Oni says as I take a seat beside Lennox.

"So, why'd you move from the A?", Lennox asks me. "I wasn't really fucking with it no more. I needed a new environment.", I answer with a shrug.

"You seem so chill and laid back. What you smoke on?", DJ asks me, making me laugh.

"Nothing, kid. I'm just a mellow ass bitch.", I answer.

"Oh, so I know for a fact you don't do beef.", he says, and I scoff.

"That's different. I don't have 'beef', per se. That's lame to me. If I got a problem with you, I just don't fuck with you. Simple as that.", I explain, shrugging again.

"So, you don't fight or nothing like that?", Ari questions. "Couldn't be me."

"I'an say allat. I'll fight in a heartbeat. If it's up there, it's stuck there.", I respond.

"Ooohhh, I like you.", DJ exclaims, getting up.

"You just met me, but we bestfriends now. We whooping ass together.", he adds, sitting in between Lennox and me.

"Nuh-unh. That's gon' be my best friend now.", Lennox whines, pushing him.

"Both of y'all got life fucked up. She's my bestie.", Ari intervenes.

"Damn. I already made friends.", I say aloud, laughing at all of them.

"Duh, kinfolk. Everybody needs at least one chill person in their circle.", Oni tells me. "All 5 of us are as retarded as it gets.", she adds.

"5? It's only 4 of y'all in here.", I say, counting again in my head.

"Oh, yeah. The other retard is on his way over here.", she responds.

And on cue, someone knocks on the front door.

"I got it.", Oni says, and that brings back memories.

The night that Zaide died, he opened the door without looking. He would always get in trouble for that when we were ki-

"Hellooo? Five?"

I shake my head, coming back to Earth.

"You good, foo? You spaced out for a second.", DJ asks me, looking at me weirdly.

"Yeah, I'm straight. I was thinking about something.", I answer, clearing my throat.

"I swear to God.. I wanna try whatever you smoke, 'cause you be gone!", he exclaims, with a wide smile.

"I don't smoke, man.", I mumble. "Drink?" I shake my head in response.

"Smoke, drink, pop pills, none of that.", I answer.

"You snort crack?", he questions with a knowing look.

Before I could answer him, Oni walks back in with another guy.

"Five, this is Deion.", she announces, pointing to the dark skin guy standing beside her.

He nods at me with a small smile, displaying his gold slugs. Whew...

"Why they call you Five, little one?", he questions, and I take notice of the small tattoos that decorated his face.

"It's my name, my guy.", I tell him.

"You bangin' B's?", he asks and I shake my head.

"She cool though, De. This my new crackhead best friend.", DJ says, slinging his heavy ass arm across my shoulder.

"I ain't no damn crackhead, nigga.", I tell him, pinching his arm.

"My bad, foo. She's my heroin addicted best friend.", he says, and I sigh.

"Fuck it. I'on care no mo'.", I mumble, rolling my eyes.

"I got a question, though.", I announce.

They all look at me. "So it's a De and a DJ?"

"Fasho.", DJ answers, nodding.

"Can y'all run to the store for me?", my aunt asks us, stepping into the living room.

"I guess. What you need?", Oni answers, and my aunt hands her a list with a card.

"I can see how much you spent on my card, so be careful.", she warns and walks away.

"Whatever. Let's ride y'all.", Oni says, and we all get up.

-