.34

sorry for the delay, guys. there was a family emergency so everybody is down here now and yall know how that goes....

DJ 💙

Later in the Day...

"And you better not go in here touching shit either.", Ari tells me as we walked towards Five's room.

We had finally came back since last night.

"I do what I want, I'm grown.", I respond, paying her no mind.

Opening the door, I walk in with Ari and Lennox behind me. But Five and De were still knocked out.

"These niggas still sleep.", Ari mumbles.

Lennox scoffs. "Ain't no sleeping." She walks around to De's side.

She stares for a few seconds before plugging his nose.

Within a couple seconds, his eyes are wide open.

"The hell you got going on?", he questions, swatting at Lennox's hand.

I tell him, "Wake up, nigga. Damn."

"Kiss my ass, bitch.", he retorts but sits up anyway.

His movement shakes Five awake.

"Hey, bestie-westie!", I yell, rushing to her side.

Instead of responding, she mugs me.

Highkey shame, I mumble, "Don't you ever kill me like that again, you fuckin' asswipe."

"Ain't nunnadat shit, bitch. I thought you were gon' beat my ass when I woke up.", she says, tilting her head.

I stare at her in confusion before it hits me.

"Shit, I still can. Wassup?", I ask and back up, giving her room.

"You ain't finna touch my suh.", Ari tells me, stepping up. Lennox does the same.

De scoffs. "Didn't we just beat the shit outta y'all yesterday?"

"All you did was pull Ari's wig. And DJ just tried to scoop the whole time.", Lennox says, shrugging.

Looking at me, De asks, "Should we gon and beat 'em up one last time?"

"Nah, not yet. I want Five to be the first one I beat up.", I answer with a smile.

Before she could say anything back, the door opens and a doctor walks in, followed by her daddy.

"Hey, babygirl.", her dad says and goes to her side. "Hi, dad."

He asks, "How're you feeling?", and she shrugs. "I've been better, but I'ma gangsta. I'll be good."

The doctor starts checking her vitals as we watch Five's interaction with her pops.

"If only our daddy ain't leave us for that white lady.", Ari says with a sigh, making me frown.

I mumble a small, "On God."

The doctor asks Five, "How's your appetite?"

"Strong as hell.", she answers bluntly. "I want some McDonald's expeditiously."

The doctor sighs. "I'm sorry, sweetie, but you can't eat solid foods just yet."

"Hell you mean I can't eat solid foods?", Five questions, close to jumping on the doctor in front of her.

The small lady answers, "I don't want you to irritate your staples or anything. It's only for three days."

"I'ma be home by then anyway, so it's cool.", she replies and shrugs.

"Well, about that...", the doctor trails off, making Five give her a crazy look. "We're gonna have to keep you for a few more days."

With a frustrated look, my buddy nods.

"Do you have any questions for me?", the doctor questions and Five only shakes her head. "Okay, hun."

She walks out, leaving us alone.

There was a small silence, but of course, my bitch ass sister broke it.

"Y'all wanna make a TikTok?", she asks us, propping her phone up.

Lennox nods and stands beside her.

Smacking my lips, I tell them, "Y'all can't dance for shit, so lemme show y'all how it's done."

They roll their eyes and Ari starts the video.

"Bitch! Corvette, corvette.", we all sing, doing the dance.

"Hop in a something something something like det, something something something something something like det."

Five and her dad laugh loudly at our sad excuse for lyrics, and De shakes his head.

"Y'all fuckin' suck.", he mumbles and I flip his ugly ass off. "Shut yo' ass up."

We finish dancing and Ari shows us the video.

"Let's do another one.", Lennox says, making her nod.

However, before we could pick another song, the door opens again.

Multiple police officers walk in and the room goes silent.

"Hell y'all doing?", I question, looking at the one in front of me like he was crazy.

A man in a suit comes in and flashes his badge.

"I'm Detective James, and you guys are prime suspects in the murder of Cornell Givens."