.38

secure y'all's edges now. shit's about to get real.

Zion 🥵

Over An Hour Later...

"Where could she possibly be?", I ask myself, pacing the room.

It's been almost 2 hours since I spoke to Zaire and she hasn't been home yet.

Cassie tells me, "She's been out of control lately, Zion. Who knows where she's at?"

I give her a questioning look and she continues.

"Your sister let her run wild while she was with her and it's showing."

Shaking my head, I respond, "Zaire has always been a good kid. She just doesn't know how to control her anger sometimes."

"That's the thing. She gets mad too much to not know how to control it. I have a feeling that your sister let her get away with everything, just like she did with her daughter.", she explains. "I think we should make her stay here for good."

I scrunch my face up. "She's damn near grown, Cassie. We can't make her do anything that she doesn't want to do."

"Why we can't? You're still giving her allowance, paying her phone bill, and you just bought her a car. That's a kid in my book.", she says.

"I do all of that because I want to, not because I have to. You have no kids so you won't know what it's like.", I retort, looking her up and down.

I continue, "Plus, it's my money that I go to work everyday for. Why do you give a damn about what I'm spending it on?"

"Don't even answer that. I got too much on my mind right now so just go on somewhere."

Raising her hands in surrender, she walks away.

I sigh and sit down in my recliner.

"Maybe she should stay here for good..."

FiveyWivey 👀

"Aye, wake up.", the same voice from earlier tells me, poking my ass cheek.

"Bitch, I wasn't asleep. And I got a man, don't touch my ass.", I respond and sit up.

He sighs. "Just get up so I can take you to my boss."

"Oh, you aren't gonna carry me again?", I sarcastically ask, only to get snatched up again.

"That's gon' be your last time grabbing me all crazy, hoe. I'ma hit you with this Mack truck deluxe next time.", I threaten.

Silently, he starts carrying me and I hear more footsteps.

"Hello, other people. How y'all doing?", I question.

They all answer, "Good."

"Now that's what I call good hospitality. If you're gonna kidnap a young fly nigga for the second time, you can atleast talk to me or some shit."

The man who's carrying me says, "You've been talking the whole time. Some of us get tired of hearing our own voice."

"Hell, I thought it would get on y'all nerves so much that you would let me go.", I reply with a shrug.

"But can I text my dad right quick? He's probably all worried and shit."

A woman's voice answers. "That won't be necessary."

I'm finally sat in an actual chair and the bag is taken off.

"About damn time.", I mumble with an attitude, taking in the cold air.

Once I look up, I'm met with an older woman.

"Hello, Zaire.", she says with a smile.

I scrunch my face up. "And who are you?"

With the same smile, she answers,

"I'm your mother."

I don't know what the hell she expected me to say or do, but I simply stare at her.

"Stop capping.", I say with a blank face.

Still smiling, she shakes her head. "It's really me. I can prove it."

She walks up to me and grabs my hand.

Turning it over, she reveals the birthmark on my wrist.

I watch as she pulls her sleeve back and shows me her matching one.

"That's a coincidence.", I mumble, unimpressed.

She laughs softly. "I didn't expect you to believe me, so I got some help."

"However, there's something I need to explain to you first.", she adds.

I stare at her with the same blank face.

The lady begins, "I'm sure you know that I left when you were a baby."

"I was seeing another man while I was with your father, and when I came clean, he wanted nothing to do with me. He wanted to keep you and your brother, so I just left."

I ask, "Are you really a dope fiend?"

"Of course not.", she quickly answers. "My husband is a major supplier for some of the biggest dealers across the country, which makes us fabulously rich."

"Good to know. Why am I here and when can I go back home?", I question, already over this whole thing.

She laughs. "Is your life really that great for you to go back to?"

"Hell you tryna say?", I ask her and stand up, lowkey offended. "You don't want a life of luxury and riches?"

I shake my head and answer, "I'm in a happy relationship, I have some bomb ass friends, my dad loves me to death, and I've finally gotten over the death of my brother."

"Just take me home.", I add, waving her off.

She asks, "You really loved your brother, huh?"

I nod. "Duh! He was my bestfriend. My life ain't been the same since he died."

"I thought you would say that.", she mumbles, smiling again.

She pulls out her phone and dials a number.

"Yeah, it's your cue.", she says into the phone and hangs up.

Within a few seconds, the door opens, revealing a man in a wheelchair.

He lifts his head and I damn near pass out.

"Zaide, what the hell?"

2 plot twists in one chapter. imaginary bag secured.