.04

Five ❗️

A Couple of Days Later...

I slept peacefully in my bed before being awaken by someone shaking me.

"What?", I groan out through closed eyes. "Get up. I got a question.", a familiar voice asks me.

Opening my eyes, I'm met with Zaide.

He stood before me, completely unharmed. Maybe a little dumb, but he was safe.

I look around the room, and oddly enough, I was still at my aunt's house.

"Zaide.. wha-why-how?", I stutter, staring at the man in front of me.

"What are you talking about, Five? I just need to ask you something.", he says, rolling his eyes.

"Sure, what you need?", I ask him. "You gon' be good by yourself for a while, or do I need to drop you off at one of your friends' houses?"

My jaw drops in shock once I hear his question.

"Where are you going?", I ask with a lump forming in my throat.

"Don't worry about allat. You gon' be alright or not?", he answers.

"No. Don't go.", I say, tearing up. He gives me a weird look.

"What you crying for, Zaire?", he asks me, sitting in the open space beside me.

"Don't leave me again.", I sob, hugging him.

"I won't, Five. I'll always be here.", he tells me, hugging me back. "I'm in your heart and mind, kid. As long as you love and remember me, I'm with you.", he adds.

"I love you, bro.", I mumble, sniffing.

"And I love you more. Look at me.", he tells me.

"I'll always be with you, and don't forget that. Whether it's through my pictures or in your dreams, I'm watching over you.", he says, and that makes me cry even harder.

"Don't leave me, Z. I miss you so much.", I tell him.

"I miss you too, man. Make me proud.", he responds, and bumps his forehead against mine.

Our conversation was interrupted by a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it.", he says, getting up. "No. Stay right there.", I demand, grabbing his arm.

"Calm down, Five. It might be Pops coming to get you.", he responds, and shakes my arm off.

"Don't do it, man. Please.", I plead, walking behind him.

He simply ignores me and walks to the door anyway.

"Wake up..", he mumbles, grabbing the door knob.

"No, don't open it.", I tell him.

"Wake up..", he repeats, turning the knob.

"Zaide, STOP!"

"Five, wake up." he repeats, and begins opening the door.

Within seconds, multiple gunshots ring through my ear.

I watch as the bullets pierce through his body, and blood flies everywhere.

"FIVE, WAKE UP!", he yells, coughing up blood.

"No. No. NO!", I yell, covering my eyes.

"Five, it's just a dream. It's fine.", I hear my aunt's voice say.

"Wake up, Five. I'm here. Oni is here. We got you, baby.", she continues, shaking me.

Opening my eyes, for real this time, I'm met with my aunt and Oni standing behind her.

I was in my aunt's arms, crying my eyes out.

Oni had tears in her eyes as she looked at me.

"You had a nightmare, and we woke up to you screaming.", my aunt tells me, wiping a tear from her eye.

"I can only imagine what you're going through right now, so I'm not gonna ask about it."

"It's going on 6 now, so let's get ready for the day.", she says and gets up.

"That shit seemed so real.", I say to myself, lying back on my pillow. "I could tell. Can I help you pick out your outfit for school?", Oni asks me, changing the subject, and I nod.

"Say less, boo. I'm finna have you cute.", she says, sticking her tongue out.

Time Skip...

After a good hour of her digging through my 15,000 clothes, I had took my shower and was almost finished with my hair when she came in with an outfit and a pair of shoes.

"Ain't no way one person should have that many clothes.", she mumbles, and sits everything on my bed.

"Girl, that ain't even all of my stuff. I still got twice that much in Atlanta.", I tell her, tying a scarf around my edges.

"What'd you pick out for me?", I ask her, standing up in my towel.

"I was finna have you like a lil' supermodel, but I got tired of digging through your clothes and just picked out a lil' bummy fit.", she answers.

"While you get dressed, I'ma go do my hair, get dressed and allat other shit.", she says and walks out, leaving me to my own devices.

-