epilogue

Narrator 📖

A Couple Hours Later...

"I still can't believe you ran that red light!", Zion told Claire, making the two plus his sister, Tanya, laugh.

"I didn't see it so it doesn't count.", she replied.

The three had finally made it back to Tanya's house, unbeknownst to the scene that was waiting for them.

Tanya unlocked the door and they all mindlessly walked in.

"So wh- OH MY GOD!" Claire cut her sentence short with a loud scream.

Tanya and Zion looked in confusion before their eyes settled on the floor.

"MY BABY!", Tanya yelled and rushed to the floor. "Call 911, please!"

"Don't leave me, Ze'Oni...", she pleaded, hugging her daughter into her chest. However, she was already gone.

Remind you of someone?

"Zaire and Syx are gone.", Zion announced from the hallway.

Tanya stared at him as tears fell. "She did this."

"My daughter would never.", Zion told her, shaking his head. "She is no murderer."

A knock on the front screen door interrupted the incoming argument.

"Come in.", Tanya croaks, still hugging her now dead daughter.

A handful of police officers walk in and begin surveying the scene while one in particular begins questioning.

"So, would anyone like to tell me what happened here?", he asked the three relatives.

"Well," Zion began, "we just walked in and she was dead."

"Their daughter, Zaire, killed her and took her baby!", Tanya yelled and both Zion and Claire shook their heads.

"I told yo' knuckle head ass that my baby would never do this.", Zion told her.

The officer radioed in that there was a missing child before continuing the conversation.

Tanya scoffs. "Just because your son died doesn't mean my baby had to too."

"Bitch, you take that back right now.", Claire intervenes, ready to pounce on her sister-in-law.

The officer stepped in front of her. "I know this is a tough time, but I can handle this quick and easy if you guys just cooperate."

"Handle it then, nigga!", Tanya exclaimed.

He sighs just as another officer comes up.

"I have to look at the body, ma'am.", he tells her and Tanya nods, gently placing Ze'Oni's bloody body down.

Kneeling down, the officer begins to count bullet wounds.

"Uh, Kramer?", the officer calls for the leading officer.

"Yeah, Milton?", Kramer says and kneels down too.

Milton tells him, "I think this one is connected to the double homicide."

"Double homicide?", Zion questioned, listening in to their conversation.

Kramer clears his throat. "Well, there was a shooting earlier and Milton here seems to think it's related to this one."

"Why's that?", Zion questions.

Milton explains, "She has the same number of bullet wounds as both victims in the other tragedy."

Zion's eyes widened as he began to think.

"Who were the victims?", he asked.

"Well...", Milton looked to Kramer for permission to answer. Once he got the green light, he wasted no time explaining the previous ordeal.

"It was 2 young men, seemingly related, dead by multiple gunshot wounds. They were found in the same position with the same number of wounds, and quite possibly the same gun."

Zion's heart dropped and he choked on words.

"Were their names Deion and Daren, by any chance?", Tanya questions, still crying.

Milton took a second to think before nodding. "Yeah, that's them."

By now, Zion was close to tears.

"How, um..", he pauses to take a deep breaths "How many bullet wounds were there?"

"Five.", Milton answered, sending both Claire and Zion into a breakdown.

"She finally snapped, babe.", Claire says, hugging her man tightly.

Kramer finally put his foot down. "Okay, we need to get pictures and fully investigate. Time to get them out of here.", he demanded, and on cue, multiple officers led the three grieving adults outside.

"They seem to know who the suspect is, too.", Kramer added, looking at his notes. "A female by the name of Zaire."

I'm sure y'all are wondering where Five is, but honestly, she was too far to catch now.

Both she and Syx were on board a plane to a new country with new identities.

She was a woman of her word.

As she stated over 60 chapters ago, she was gonna get them even if it was the last thing I did. And she did just that.

The End.

thanks for reading, sorry if it's not up to par. ♥️ officially retired.