.50

5ive 🤱🏽

Later That Night...

"Is he asleep?", I ask Ari as she rocked Syx.

She nods softly and I get up to fix his crib for him.

I had to finish it myself since I had got a little attitude with Deion or whatever. Anyways.

"You can come lay him down.", I tell her and she slowly stands up, still rocking Syx.

Eventually, he's laid down and comfy in his crib, leaving Ari and I to chill.

"So, what you wanna do?", I question, getting under my blankets. "Listen to you and Deion talk, duh."

I smack my lips and she cracks a smile. "Nigga, go call him."

Sighing, I get back up and grab my phone.

I make my way into the living room and sit on the couch, propping my feet up.

Finally, I dial De's number...only for it go straight to voicemail.

I tear my face up and dial it again, and once more after that.

Each time it goes straight to voicemail.

"What else you expect?", I ask myself and make my way back to my room.

However, as I walk through the hallway, I hear Ari talking on the phone.

"Calm down and lower yo' tone, nigga. I can't understand what you're saying.", she tells whoever it is.

The person on the other end seemingly calms down a little and starts back talking.

"Yeah, she's right here.", Ari says, looking towards me.

I raise an eyebrow and she puts the call on speaker. "She can hear you now, DJ."

"Friend, put some shoes on right now. I'm outside and I'll explain everything on the way.", he tells me and I scrunch my face up.

I respond, "I can't leave right now, buddy. Syx just went to sleep."

"What's wrong?", Ari questions, staring at the phone in confusion.

DJ sighs. "Come open the door."

"I got it.", Ari says and goes to let him in,

Within a few seconds, DJ and Ari are both in my bed.

"Wassup?", I ask him, turning around to look at him.

He simply says, "Check De's location for me."

I give him a weird look but grab my phone anyway.

Unlocking it, I go to my message thread with De's contact, "🌍💍".

I click onto the top right corner to see his location.

"I'on know where this is, but here.", I say and give him the phone.

He glances at it and nods. "Now watch this."

Pulling out his phone, he clicks on a few things before showing me.

Whoever's contact it was just so happened to be at the same place as Deion.

"Who is that?", I question with a raised eyebrow. "Lennox."

My eyes widen and I stare at DJ in shock for a few seconds.

However, disbelief takes over.

"Nah, they would never. Lennox is with you and De isn't that crazy.", I tell him, shaking my head.

DJ gives me a pitiful look. "Then why did neither of them answer my calls?"

"Maybe they both are at that party together.", Ari tries to reason and DJ only frowns harder.

"I rode by there before coming over here. Wasn't but four busted ass whips parked outside that hoe and none of 'em were even close to looking like theirs. Plus, that spot is Lennox's house."

Maintaining my silence, I try to think of any other excuse for the two to be alone together. I just don't believe that they would do anything that trifling.

"I mean, I doubt they're doing anything crazy together.", Ari says, only for DJ to mug her. "I'ma stick you in the chest."

Before they could get to arguing and/or fighting as usual, I break my silence.

"I just wanna say as a preface that I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but let's pull up anyway.", I say and make my way to my closet to put some shoes on.

I grab my Croc's and put them in sports mode. You just never know.

Time Skip...

"He better not shit my seats out or that's gon' be yo' ass.", DJ threatens as he drove towards the pin. "I already got my music low as hell for the lil' rugrat."

I simply flip him off and focus on making sure my baby is comfortable in his seat.

Minutes pass of DJ fussing before we finally make it to Lennox's house.

De's car was parked in the driveway as if his black ass lived here.

"I'll blow this bitch up right now.", DJ says as he slowly cruises by.

He had turned his headlights off and completely muted his music, and that was the very moment that I realized that this fucker was a professional stalker.

Finally, he parks his truck a few houses down.

"So who's coming with me?", DJ questions, unbuckling his seatbelt.

Ari answers, "Seeing as it's y'all's relationships in question, y'all can go. I'll stay with my baby."

"Bet, come on Five.", DJ says and gets out.

Unbuckling my seatbelt, I tell them, "Remember, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and didn't assume anything. I know my man wouldn't cheat on me."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, bring yo' ashy ass on.", DJ retorts.

I finally get out, not forgetting to do my dramatic sigh and air punch combo, and follow DJ to Lennox's yard.

He leads me to her bedroom window, and once again, that was the very moment that I realized that this fucker was a professional stalker.

"We're gonna look on 3, okay?", he says as we squatted under her windowsill, making me look at him like he was crazy. "Who the fuck is 'we'? I trust my man, remember?"

Scoffing, he begins his count.

"1..."

"I'm not looking.", I mumble, only for him to grab a handful of my shirt.

"2..."

"I'm finna go back to the truck and wait for you."

"...3!" On cue, I close my eyes.

He stands up straight and yanks my neck with him.

"Fuck it.", I say and look.

It takes a few seconds but my eyes eventually adjust.

My heart shatters in my chest once they do.

On the bed were one of my bestfriends and the love of my life, tonguing each other down.