.39

Meanwhile with Five....

"Hey, baby sis. I missed you.", Zaide tells me with a smile.

Silently, I stare at him, feeling millions of emotions.

He rolls towards me with the same smile.

"You're not gonna speak?", he asks.

My face eventually turns into a mug. "I should kick yo' crippled ass outta that damn wheelchair."

"What? Why?", he replies, laughing.

I look at him like he had lost his mind, because he obviously has.

"Nigga, we buried you 5 months ago. You can't just waltz, well roll, your black ass back like shit is normal."

He laughs again as if I was telling a joke.

I scoff. "You just don't understand how much shit has tied into that and made my life hell."

Sighing, he apologizes. "I'm really sorry, sis. But I can explain, I swear I can."

"You can take that sorry and shove it up yo' handicapped ass.", I retort. "I really am, Five. Just lemme explain. Please."

I stare at him blankly before saying, "If it's some bullshit, you gon' need somebody to pick you up."

He nods and begins his story. "For starters, mama approached me the same way she did you. Snatched me up like a rag doll and brought me all the way out here. And I was just like you, too. I didn't wanna leave everything I was used to."

"But the night I got shot, it all changed for me. I was dead for a few minutes until they brought me back. If it was any longer, I could've been gone for good. Mama paid the hospital and funeral home off to keep everything concealed and closed off. And here we are now."

I scrunch my face up. "Okay, and why was that? Why did you need to hide the fact that you were alive from your whole fucking family? Hell, from me?!"

"In my mind, I was protecting y'all. Whoever killed me would probably come try again if they knew I made it.", he tries to reason. "That's crazy as hell, because they came for me anyway."

His eyes widen. "What you mean?"

"Cornell shot me almost two weeks ago, dumbass. I have staples in my stomach now and if I don't get some pain pills within the next hour, I'ma show my ass."

"Nelly shot you? Why would he-" I cut his question off by holding my hand up. "You don't even wanna know."

Zaide questions, "You must've found out who shot me or something? That's how it happens in the movies."

"Yeah, but it's crazy because I'm actually cool with them now.", I answer with a laugh.

He scrunches his face up. "The fuck you mean you cool with them now?"

"The guy who shot you is my bestfriend and the other guy is my boyfriend.", I tell him.

Noticing the look on his face, I add, "I didn't know they were behind it until recently."

"And you still didn't drop them niggas? Damn, you foul.", he replies.

"I'm foul? But didn't you fake your de- nevermind. I wanna go home."

My "mother" makes her presence known again. "So have you made your decision?"

"I made my decision before you even brought me here, dude. This was unnecessary as hell and I wanna go home. Take me the fuck back.", I demand, getting even more irritated.

Her weird ass smile finally drops. "If that's what you want, sweetie."

"Yes, it is. Now where is that big nigga at so he can carry me back outside?"

Silently, she gestures to her left and he walks back into the room.

"Let's ride out, homeslice.", I say, lifting my arms.

Before he could pick me up, my name is called. "Five."

I turn around to my brother and he holds his arms out.

"Just incase we never see each other again.", he tells me and I sigh.

Walking to him, I squat down and hug him.

His arms wrap around me and the familiar feeling damn near brings a tear to my eye.

"Please don't be mad at me.", he whispers, his voice cracking.

I lean back with a confused look only for a cloth to be placed over my mouth and nose. In shock, I hold my breath as I pull at their hands.

However, my weak ass lungs give in immediately and I take a small breath. On cue, my eyes get heavy.

I continue pulling at the hands but eventually give in, letting my eyes close.

It doesn't last long, though.

Once I open my eyes back, I'm met with a blanket, grass and concrete.

"What the hell?", I mumble and look around. I was at the cemetery. It was all a dream...

Everything that ACTUALLY happened set in.

Cassie pissed me off so I went to see my brother's grave to clear my mind. I must've fell asleep after a little while.

Standing up, I dust the grass off of me and check my phone.

13 missed calls from Pops 🐻🤍

"Oh yeah, I'm good and dead.", I say to myself and begin my walk back home.

This time, I make sure to watch my surroundings and listen for any vehicles.

I'll be damned if I get snatched up aga- well, not again. Y'all know what I mean.

As I walk, my phone rings with an unknown number.

I look at it in confusion before declining the call. However, they call again... and again... and again.

The back to back calls quickly irk my nerves and I block the number.

After a little while, I'm finna at my front door.

I unlock the door and walk in, only to be damn near tackled by my dad.

"THERE YOU ARE!", he yells and brings me into a tight hug.

Shocked, I pat his back. "Yeah, I'm sorry for being late. I fell asleep at the cemetery."

"It's fine, honey. You haven't heard?", he asks.

I shake my head with a confused look.

"His mom was supposed to be calling you.", he whispers and looks away. "Who was supposed to be calling me about what?"

My dad sighs before answering my question, signaling it was gonna be some shit.

"Deion's mother. He got arrested with your friend, DJ."

"Let's go get them out then, the hell?", I reply and he shakes his head. "It's not that easy, babygirl."

"They're trying to charge them with Cornell's murder."

I DUN FINESSED SUM INNA LAST FEW CHAPTERS OMGGGGGG