.21

chapter 3/3 of the night. okay, im gts now. y'all are welcome ❤️.

Deion 🪢

"Deion and DJ, can I ask y'all something?", Five asks me and we both nod.

She questions, "Where were y'all on the night of December 11th?"

"Um..", I pause to think, "I don't know. That's too long ago to really know."

DJ simply shrugs.

"Better question: Y'all know somebody by the name of Zaide Collins?", she questions further.

I answer, "The name doesn't sound familiar."

Once again, DJ shrugs.

"How about this..."

She digs her phone out of her back pocket and goes to her gallery.

Showing us a picture, she asks, "You know him?"

We freeze at the sight of him, which basically answers her questions.

"I can't believe y'all.", Five mumbles, getting up. "

I get up and try to grab her. "Baby, lemme explain."

"No, don't touch me!", she snaps, backing away from me.

She looks at DJ up and down and her face shows pure shock.

"It was y'all!", she exclaims.

We both rush to her, trying to calm her down but she continues backing away.

She shakes her head and tears begin to fall from her eyes again.

"Y'all deserve to rot in the deepest, darkest pits of hell.", she says, wiping her face.

Focusing her eyes on me, she tells me, "I don't wanna ever see or speak to you again. Delete my number, every picture you have of me, our message threads, and any other trace of me."

"Baby, plea-"

She cuts me off by walking to the door and walking out, not forgetting to slam the door behind her.

"Five, I'm sorry!", I yell, following behind her.

She ignores me and keeps walking down the hall.

"Don't leave me, please. I need you!", I tell her, still following behind her.

She silently walks to the front door, but before she could open it, I run and hold it.

"You're not leaving me, Five."

Scrunching her face up, she asks, "Oh, I'm not?"

"No, you're not. We can talk this out.", I reply and she scoffs.

"Deion, y'all caused the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. My life has taken a turn for the worst since then, and you wanna talk about it? I can't sleep at night because of y'all and you wanna talk about it?"

She continues, "Talking it out won't bring Zaide back. Talking it out won't erase the sight of his bullet filled body from my mind. And most importantly, talking it out won't heal our relationship. It's over."

Her response knocks the wind from me, and she notices it.

Pushing me out of the way of the door, she opens it and walks out.

Too weak to follow her, I lean against the wall and slide down.

It felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest and stomped all over.

DJ sits down beside me and nudges my shoulder.

"She really doesn't know the full story.", I mumble, staring at the wall in front of me.

I honestly wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I loved her.

He nods and replies,

"Then tell her."