.36

5ive 🖐🏾

A Few Days Later...

"Home sweet home.", my dad says, pulling into the driveway of his house.

I simply stare at it, feeling all the old memories set in. I was already in my feelings, too.

Lemme tell y'all about his bullshit.

I have to go back to the doctor on the day I'm supposed to graduate, so I have to get my diploma mailed.

My dad comes around and opens my door while Cassie gets the wheelchair out.

"I'm not getting back in that thing.", I say, only for my daddy to sigh.

He replies me, "It's only until you get your staples taken out, Zaire. You don't need to do any unnecessary moving."

"Whatever, dad.", I mumble as Cassie parks it in front of me.

My dad holds my hand and steadies the wheelchair as I make the small drop.

Crossing my arms, I let Cassie wheel me inside.

After a few minutes, I'm in my old room.

"Nothing's changed.", I mumble, looking at the all too familiar decorations.

I park my wheelchair and stand up.

Walking up to my wall, I run my hands along my collection of Polaroid pictures I had taped to it years ago.

I take a few seconds looking at each individual one.

The memories hit me like a train.

In some of them, I was with who I thought was my best friend, Oni. In others, I was with my brother.

It's crazy how relationships could end in the blink of an eye.

I continue looking around my room until my stomach begins to hurt.

Sitting down in my bed, I kick my shoes off and get comfortable.

I turn my TV on, only to quickly grow bored.

Usually, I would be chatting it up with my bitches, but I was hours away from them.

With a sigh, I pull my phone out and call my baby.

He answers on the second ring.

"Hey, stink-stink.", Deion coos, looking at me with a smile.

Matching his facial expression, I reply, "Hey, baby."

DJ's face pops into view too. "Wassup, cuh!"

"Yooo!", I respond, laughing at him.

De pushes him away and starts back talking. "Anyways, how you feeling?"

"I'm lowkey sad, but it's whatever.", I answer, making him give me a questioning look.

I tell him, "I'm not gonna be back to graduate. It's gonna be a good two weeks until I can come back."