Neural Electronic Surveillance System

"Woah," Lucas looked up at the building in front of him. It was Smash Labs, a complex of laboratory's, offices, and research and development quarters. They specialized in all of the city's scientific needs. It was headed by Dr. Mario and R.O.B, 2 of the greatest scientific minds in the city (R.O.B himself being the first sentient A.I ever made). Their developments ranged from medical to technological, to even ecological. They are very open, and even opened up tours to schools.

Lucas and his class walked into the building. Their was no real foyer, but just a small entrance hall. Their teacher, Chrom, pulled out a piece of crumpled paper in his pocket and knocked on a nearby door. The door opened and an old man with white hair stuck his head out of it. "What is it?" the man asked. Chrom looked down at the paper "Are you...Dr. Andonuts?". "Yes, I am" The man responded. "We're the class you're touring today," Chrom pointed at the class. "Ah! Yes!" Dr. Andonuts said as he stepped out of the room. "Hello class! I'm Dr. Andonuts, come with me!" Dr. Andonuts said rather quickly as he walked down the left hallway. The class looked at each other before following him down the hall. Lucas was at the back of the group, with no one. He didn't have any real friends in his class. Sure he knew people his brother was friends with, like Ninten or Toon Link, but he never had any real friends of his own. He didn't really experience bullying, only some light teasing. He was just...alone.

The tour went on without a hitch. Dr. Andonuts showed them all sorts of things, from a new fitness program Wii Fit Trainer was heading, to Mewtwo's genetic branch. Lucas had no real interest in any of it. He didn't really like field trips in general, all of his classmates talking and laughing just reminded him of the fact that he had no friends. He was walking along, staring at the floor, until he bumped into someone. Lucas nervously smiled "Sorry," he said, the kid didn't even turn around. Lucas looked up and saw that the class had stopped. They were in what looked like to be a massive hall. The hall had tons of doors, all were labeled with the names of the projects that were inside.

"Now kids! Behind each of these doors in a major project you can look at," Dr. Andonuts pointed at all of the doors. Most of the doors had a golden frame, imbedded with all sorts of gems and minerals. "Feel free to go inside and check them out...just don't touch anything unless told!" All the kids immediately got into groups and head for the doors. Lucas just stood there, waiting for all the kids to disperse. Once they did, Lucas looked around the hall. None of the projects really interested him. "Genetic Internalized Youth Generating All Sciences" or "Dystopian Unit Surveying Time Ending Rarity's" were just some of the projects that didn't really interest him. He walked down the hall, looking at the doors, disregarding most of them. When he got to the end of the hall he noticed a door that looked different to the others. The door wasn't at all glamorous like the others, but just a normal grey door. The plaque on the door read "Neural Electronic Surveillance System" Lucas sighed, and decided to enter. No other kids seemed to notice it, so it seemed like a safe bet.

Lucas walked into the room and closed the door. The room was average size, and fairly dark. Lucas, carefully, walked into the center of the room. Just then, a platform in the middle of the room lit up. What lit up were the words Stand Here on the platform. Lucas looked around the room, as the illumination revealed a myriad of TV screens on the wall in front of him. Lucas decided to step on the platform, interested in what would happen.

As soon as Lucas stepped on the platform, all the screens lit up with a blue glow. Lucas squinted his eyes. "Initializing startup," a robotic voice said. Lucas looked around the room, tiring to find the origin of the voice. A holographic field surrounded Lucas, and appeared to be scanning him. "Name: Lucas. Gender: Male. Height: 5'4. Weight: 120 lbs. Sexuality: Homosexual," The voice went through bullet point style. "Hey! H-How'd you kn-know that?" Lucas asked worryingly. "Your posture, stance, overall demeanor, and newly gathered voice clip," Lucas blushed, was going to say something, but the A.I started talking again. "Generating the most comfortable persona," The voice said. Lucas looked at the center screen, as a boy appeared. The boy was wearing a blue and yellow stripped shirt, jean shorts, and a blue and red baseball cap. "Hi!" the boy said. "Uh...h-hi?" Lucas weakly waved. "I'm the Neural Electronic Surveillance System, but you can call me Ness! What's your name?" The boys voice was a lot more energetic, and it matched the age of a kid Lucas' age. "M-my name's L-Lucas," Lucas said quietly, this was the most social interaction he'd had all week.