A Difficult Escape

"Yes, what is it?"

Sephiroth was sitting in his office, his arms crossed. He seemed annoyed by anyone's mere presence. The office was quite grandiose, being very large. So large that it caused a mild echo whenever sounds were made. Beyond that, it wasn't that extravagant of an office, only having the bear necessities to even qualify as an office.

One of Sephiroth's followers, Dark Pit, stood at the front of Sephiroth's office. He seemed nervous, which was greatly out of character with Dark Pit's usual demeanor.

"Someone wants to see you, sir."

"Who might it be?" Sephiroth opened a notebook, and started to write something down. Dark Pit gulped, before opening his mouth again.

"Goro Akechi."

-

"Rise and shine, shitasses!"

A guard, Ken, walked down the cell hallway, banging a baton against each cell door. This awoke ever person who was being held captive inside of said cells. Two of them, being Lucas and Claus. Lucas rubbed his head, being pulled out of his dream. He dreamt that he and Claus finally got to live a normal life. Shame it was only a dream.

He stood up and made his way over to the cell door. He had memorized this routine down to the step. He counted down in his head.

3...2...1

Immediately as he finished, all the cell doors opened. Lucas sighed, as he took a step out. He looked to his left, and then to his right. Standing in the hallway were all the prisoners being held there, and to his immediate left, was Claus.

Claus looked tired and worn out, almost like he didn't get any sleep. Lucas wanted to say something to him, but he knew this was a bad idea. Ken stepped in front of the group, looking quite stern.

"Alright, listen up! Some detective has come here to investigate cases of crimes against humanity...whatever that means. Anyways, you must tell him that everything is fine, and you are here of your own free will. If you decide to differ from that story...we have some surprises waiting for you when you get back. Understand?"

All the prisoners nodded unanimously. They then all filled down the dark hallway, and towards a certain room.

-

Lucas and Claus slumped against the wall next to the interrogation room. They were both dreading what they were going to have to do. To trough away their one chance at escape was a tough thing for them to do.

It was soon their turn, as the person before them left the interrogation room. Lucas and Claus sighed, before stepping into the room.

Sitting at the desk, was obviously a person. He had shaggy brown hair, and reddish-brown eyes. He was wearing a tan peacoat, and black pants. He looked up at Claus and Lucas, and smiled a little. "Ah, you must be next. Please, take a seat." He gestured towards the seats across from him. Lucas and Claus nodded, sitting down. Lucas looked at the person, and grew a look of intrigue. Something seemed off about this person. Not in a bad way, just that they were disingenuous about something.

"Well, let's just get to the matter at hand. My name is Goro Akechi, and I assume you two are Lucas and Claus?" The twins nodded, and looked down. "Everything is fine, we ar-" The person, Akechi, interrupted them. "I meant, the other matter at hand," The twins looked up, slightly confused.

"Let me cut this act short. I am not a detective. I am here to get you two out." Lucas and Claus' eyes lit up, as they looked at Akechi happily. "R-Really?" Akechi nodded. "Correct...your friends requested my help, and I shall deliver." Lucas and Claus looked at each other, and smiled. "H-How are we gonna do it? A-Are we gonna sneak out?" Claus seemed eager to know the escape method.