Tournamental

Ok, so this isn't technically a oneshot, and it barely qualifies as a cohesive story. But, in all honesty, I kinda needed a break due to personal stuff. So instead of pumping out a half-assed story, I just decided to do this. This will be a story/trailer for that story that had a trailer a couple chapters ago (if that made any sense). I've also been working on the story for almost a year, so it kinda makes sense for me to be writing this. These also won't be direct scenes, more like a culmination of scenes and events.

Side note....we hit 1000 views! I couldn't possibly thank all of you enough. Even though you might not care about me, I'm glad you're staying for the stories. I'm also working on a special oneshot to commemorate this, so keep an eye out for that.

Also, this whole trailer/story idea was inspired by Breakdown003. So, as I've said many times before, go and read their oneshots.

__________

The annual Smash Tournaments. One of the most anticipated things in the city, and possibly the world. As the name suggested, they only happened around once a year, either at the start or the end. They'd only been going on for a few years as well, and yet they were one of the most popular things amongst everyone in the world.

Each tournament was hosted in a large stadium, in the middle of quite the large city. The stadium itself was nothing to scoff at though, being exceedingly large itself.  It also acted as a sort of centerpiece to the city, being the main visual draw. Some say it even rejuvenated the city's economy, which most find absurd due to the length of which the tournament has resided in the city.

The stadium's crown jewel, was the famed Smash Core. It sat in the foyer of the stadium, encased in the ground. It was only visible through incredibly thick and sturdy glass, so thick that it may as well have been steel.

Each year, for the past few years, twelve would gather in the stadium and compete in a tournament. As the tournaments progressed, the amount of contenders increased. But something.....happened at the last tournament. Someone was taken. This person just so happened to be one of Lucas' closest friends. Lucas was now looking for anyone, or anything that could help him. Help him find his friend.

__________

Lucas was in his room, getting dressed. He was in his room, readying his things. Lucas had gotten up rather late, due to staying up all night researching. But today, he finally had a plan. He was going to get some help in order to find who he was looking for.

Ness, one of his closest friends, had already left the city. He was headed back to Onett, where Lucas would be going in just a few short days. But for now, he needed to focus on his mission.

Almost all of the others had already left the quarters. Mostly because they were afraid....of Lucas. When Lucas was on a mission, especially a personal one, it was common knowledge to stay out of his way. As they say, appearances can be deceiving.

Lucas walked out of his room, and made his way down to the entrance of the building. The only person left in the entrance was Young Link, one of Lucas' friends. Lucas approached Young Link, and gave a serious look. "Good morning," Young Link said, quite friendly.

Lucas' expression didn't change, and somehow became even more stern. "How's the progress on finding those mercenaries?" Young Link gulped. He didn't want to tell Lucas the truth, but it would be worse if he lied.

"W-We've made no progress...th-they're elusive as all fuck..." Lucas gave Young Link a deep glare.

"And I assume that means progress on Tabuu is out of the question?" Young Link frowned, and gulped yet again.