Ambush

Sorry that this came out a little late, it just took some time to plan. Anyways, hope you enjoy :D

_______________________________________

Today was the biggest and most anticipated day in all of Nexus-64. There was an event today, an event that had been 640 years in the making. The Intercitizen Collaborative Effort Network Charity, or the ICEN Charity for short. When Nexus-64 was founded all those years ago, the founder made a pact. That 640 years after the city's creation, his descendants would give back to the community with whatever wealth and riches they had. That was putting a lot of trust in his bloodline, but luckily for him, it was well placed trust.

His oldest living descendant, Tabuu, was head of an extremely influential and successful company, Subspace Enterprises. And while not being officially the mayor of the city, he was treated as such. So much in fact, that the mayor called him to ask permission to make major political changes.

But tonight also had another reason of importance, Tabuu was bringing his son to the charity. No one had ever seen, or spoken to Tabuu's son. No one even knew they're name, or who his mother was. Tabuu simply mentioned it once at the end of a press conference, and never brought it up again. And the news channels knew better than to press him for answers.

The charity was to be hosted at one of Nexus-64's most prestigious high school's, simply known as Smash High. What made them so prestigious was not anything to do with their education, but the fact that they had a 100% graduation rate, and a 125% college acceptance rate. No one knows how they got over one-hundred percent college acceptance rate, but the numbers don't lie.

The event was to start at 5:30, and go until 1:00 AM. Nearly everyone would be there, as such, classes had to be cancelled for the day. And since no one cared about picking their kids up, the school thought they could get some free labor and make the kids help set up for the event. Amongst these kids, were Ness and Lucas.

Both boys were in the school kitchen, helping set up. Ness was polishing off some wine glasses, while Lucas was rolling up some silverware.

"Can't believe we have to help set this shit up," Lucas said begrudgingly, as he rolled up some more forks and knives.

But no answer came from Ness, whom Lucas was expecting to answer his complaint

"Ahem," Lucas cleared his throat. "I said, I can't believe we have to help set this shit up."

Still no answer.

Lucas, now a little annoyed, turned his head to look at Ness, who was cleaning the glasses. Well, cleaning was an understatement. Ness was in the zone, he was analyzing each glass to make sure all traces or dirt and smudges were eradicated off the glasses. He didn't even hear Lucas, as he was too busy eyeing down a glass.

"Ness," Lucas said, trying to get Ness' attention.

Still nothing from Ness, as picked up a new glass, and began to clean it.

"Ness!" Lucas repeated, slightly yelling this time. This slight yell caused Ness to jump a little, making him drop the glass.

Ness looked down on the floor in horror, staring at the shattered glass. "My baby..." he uttered, a small tear forming in his eye.

"Will you cut that out? We still have a ton of work to do for this stupid charity thing," Lucas got back to rolling up the silverware, almost being done with the task.

"What's even so special about this event anyways? From all the work we're doing you'd think that the queen herself was stopping by," Ness complained, as he finished up with the glasses. Someone then swung open the kitchen doors, and walked into the room carrying a large pot of stew. It was Claus. He placed it on the same counter as the rest of the food.