Home For The Holidays

Tiger games were so outdated they were never in-dated! They were a fad, like Pogs! If they were an experiment in the 70's and they only made a few of them, then I could accept that. But no, they milked these things for all that they're worth! You thought LJN was the grand champion, the almighty shitty game factory? Tiger put LJN to shame! Sure, LJN laid down turd after turd after turd, but Tiger was like a machine gun ass shitting out turdturdturdturdturdturdturdturdturdturdturd! These are the worst games I've had the honor of playing, if you can even count them as video games! People have discussions like "Are video games art?" or something like that. Well, I have a better one: are Tiger games video games? These are a caveman's version of video games! These were a step back in human evolution! These are the most desperate attempt at entertainment! You could save up for a Game Boy, or just go-

The video immediately cut out, as the TV it was being played on was turned off. The person who was watching the video, Lucas, looked at the TV with disappointment and confusion, not knowing why it was cut out. That is, until he looked to his side, revealing his mother, Hinawa, holding the remote for said TV.

"What have I told you about watching him?" Her voice was stern, as she looked down at Lucas. Lucas tried to avert eye contact with his mother, knowing he was in some trouble. "He is very inappropriate for you."

"But I already know all the words he says," Lucas pouted a little, as he crossed his arms and crossed his legs on the couch. "And all my friends say them at school, even during class."

"You are ten years old, mister," Hinawa responded in a stern tone, as she dropped the remote back on the couch. She began to dig around in her purse she was holding, looking for something. "I don't want you watching any more of those videos while we're gone."

"Do I have to have a babysitter?" Lucas whined some more, as he hopped off the couch. He and his brother have been getting babysat by the same person, whose name was Cloud, their whole life. However, for this one occasion, Cloud could not make it. Something about a tournament of fighters. So Hinawa had found a replacement babysitter for Lucas. "I'm old enough to stay Home Alone."

"Yes, you do." Hinawa responded in a matter of fact tone. She eventually found what she was looking for in her purse, a phone, and pulled it out. "Unless you want to come with us to your brother's overseas surgery. But we have to take a plane there, and I know how much you hate flying."

"Can you at least get Cloud to babysit me, then?" Lucas asked his mother, walking up to her.

"Sorry hunny, Cloud is out of town," Hinawa told Lucas, as she scrolled through her phone. She went to look at her flight time, which was in a half hour. Claus and Flint had already left for the airport, but Hinawa stayed behind to say bye to Lucas. "And I'm sure Sephiroth is just as good as Cloud, I found him through Cloud's list after all."

"Why can't you stay home with me? We can have fun and go out for pizza," Lucas tried to convince his mother to stay home, but alas, it was of no use. Hinawa put her phone away, and kneeled down to Lucas, smiling at him. She caressed his cheek a little, as she looked him in the eyes.

"I'll be back within a few days, promise," she smiled at Lucas, ruffled his hair a little, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She then stood back up, and began to make her way to the house door. "Sephiroth will be here in ten minutes, and maybe if you're good, he can take you to the pizza place you like. The one with the brown bear."

"Okay...B-Bye mom," Lucas gave one last wave to his mother, as she opened the front door. A wave of cold air entered the house, due to it being Christmas time. Hinawa turned around, and blew Lucas a kiss.

"Bye bye," she said, as she closed the door, locking the house. The house was now completely empty, besides Lucas.

And it was a big house, mind you. Hinawa and Flint were rather wealthy, given their line of work. Hinawa specialized in advanced biotech sciences, with a fringe interest in immortality. She had deduced that the best way to achieve immortality was to transfer one's consciousness throughout multiple hosts, almost like a parasite. Flint's job was a lot less flashy, head of a company which supplies hired muscle to anyone willing to pay. Some family.

The first and immediate thing Lucas did when his mother left, was smile ear to ear, and turned around to the couch. He was about to throw the Angry Nerd back on, but right before he could, the house phone began to ring. Lucas rolled his eyes, and made his way over to it, to see Sephiroth calling. He was about to pick it up, but he stopped himself. He began to think, think about a plan. A plan so devious that surely Sephiroth would fall for it. Lucas took on an evil grin, and picked up the phone.

"Hello," Lucas answered the phone, deepening his voice significantly. Well, as significantly as a ten year old could deepen their voice. So not very well, to say the least.

"Who is this?" Sephiroth immediately responded over the phone, sounding like an interrogator.

"This is Lucas' mother," for some wacky wild reason, Lucas was deepening his voice while pretending to be his mom. Surely this plan couldn't work, unless Sephiroth was downright braindead.

"Ah, Miss Hinawa. I didn't recognize you," and Sephiroth took the bait, like a goddamn moron. Anyone with a rational brain would have deduced that it was Lucas deepening his voice, but apparently Sephiroth was lacking a rational brain. "I was wondering, is Lucas perhaps afraid of dolls? I found a nice bundle of them in this dumpster behind a pizzeria, and if he wants them, I am more than happy to provide. However I may be a touch late if he does, as it appears one of the dolls is stained with pizza sauce, so I'll have to wash it off first."

"Lucas doesn't need babysitting today," Lucas quickly responded, tuning out all of what Sephiroth had said. He began to think quickly for an excuse to get Sephiroth to not come today. "Our flight got stuck in a snowstorm and was delayed a day, we will be leaving tomorrow and then you can come babysit."

"Ah, no worries. I will stick to my commitment and babysit your boy tomorrow. I haven't gotten any other appointments, apparently the whole genocide thing is a huge detractor for most parents. I just want to thank you again for giving me the chance-"

"Okay goodbye," Lucas cut Sephiroth off, and hung up the phone. He really wasn't listening to Sephiroth, as he didn't understand most of the words being said. All he knew was that he wanted to get back to watching The Angry Nerd as fast as possible.

Lucas ran back over to the couch, and plopped himself down on it. He grabbed the remote, and turned the TV back on. He then continued to watch his Angry Nerd, as he leaned back, enjoying his time Home Alone.

A few hours in, someone began to call the house. Lucas sighed, and paused the video to pick up the phone. But he smiled as he saw who it was.

"Hey!" Lucas picked up the phone, quite chipper to be hearing from this person.

"Hi Lucas, do you wanna come to the park?" The person on the other end asked. This person was in fact Ness, Lucas' friend from school. Lucas and Ness had been close friends for the longest time, so Lucas was pretty excited to be hearing from him

"Sure!" Lucas said, with zero hesitation. Lucas was going to take any chance to hang out with Ness, for reasons even he didn't know.

Lucas hung up the phone, and turned off the TV. He quickly made his way into the foyer of the house, and threw on his jacket, which was hanging on a bannister. With a smile on his face, he opened the front door to a large blast of cold air. He looked back in the house once more, and smiled, before closing the door and heading off to meet up with Ness.