The Gang's Back Together!

The stupid alarm clock just refused to stop ringing! I move my elbow in a vain attempt of thinking that by doing so the ringing would stop. But instead I feel it slide over smooth skin and fall over a shoulder.

What the?

I was still groggy but I manage to lift my head up. I was sprawled over Johnny, whom was dead asleep. We actually looked comical, I rest my head back on his chest and look at the ceiling where the small black dome of Herbie’s camera was. I smirked.

I must’ve been dead asleep with my mouth open and my hair a mess last night. And somewhere through that night Johnny had cooled down, I wasn’t even tempted to look at my body for marks cause I was just that sure of myself.

I hear a quiet ‘thuweee’ sound, like a TV turning on.

“Good morning Miss Howard, Mr. Storm” Herbie says too brightly.

“Huh? Wha?” Johnny wakes with a start. I soothingly push down on his chest so he could lie back down, his hair was all over the place and I doubt his jaw was awake.

“I have good news!” Herbie chirped like a mechanical bird.

“What is it Herbie?” I say in a tired I-just-woke-up-so-what-you-have-to-say-better-be-good voice.

“Mr. and Mrs. Richards are on their way up the elevator right this moment. And Ben is parking his car in the garage as we speak! I’d hope they’d have been able surprised you while in bed-”

I didn’t hear the rest of what he said cause I was flying.

I tumbled out of the bed.

“Johnny get up!” I cry.

“10 more minutes” Johnny mumbled as he fell with me from the bed.

“You’ll have an eternity to sleep after Reed and Ben kill you once they see us” I say harshly. “And if Susan’s in a good mood she’d skin me alive.” I mutter to myself.

At the mere mention of the name ‘Reed’ Johnny was rocketing up.

“What!? They're here? Now?” he asked.

“Yeah, on their way up” I reply from the floor.

Johnny reaches for my arm and yanks me up, “Then what the heck are youstill doing here”

I growl at him.

“No time for that,” still holding onto me Johnny hauls me from his room and we bolt down the corridor.

We hear the ding of the elevator but we were still too far away.

Johnny looks at me and our intertwined hands, “We’re not gonna make it”

My determination sets in, “Oh yes we are” I say fiercely.

I coat the floor with ice and we slide down super fast, I see the elevator doors slide open, catch a glimpse of Susan smiling and talking to Reed.

This is gonna be close!

I end the ice right before the elevator doors, Johnny and I skid to an abrupt stop right in front of the doors as they finally open wide. Reed and Susan were still looking at each other, Johnny and I look at each other in stunned silence, marveling at the fact that we just got away with what we did. We both silently laugh at each other, till we both froze and looked down at our hands still holding onto each other.

Reed and Susan’s head careen to look at us as we instantly let go.

“Vick!” Susan squeals in delight and she rushes forward to hug me.