The Wounded Bleeds

Johnny's POV

Well at least she looks healthy and fine... I sip the beer bottle in front of me with distaste, ignoring the glass that a waitress placed in front of me.

"THANK YOU EVERYBODY! YOU'VE BEEN A WONDERFUL AUDIENCE!" David yells into the uproaring crowd.

"ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!" The horde of teenagers and 20-somethings raged.

For a new band they've gotten unimaginable success in such a short amount of time.

Which is all thanks to you having Vick kicked out of the team, I grip my hand tight around the neck of the beer bottle.

Vick was staring dead at me from across the bar, I couldn't see much but I could definitely feel the hatred directed towards me. I knew with utmost certainty that if she could she'd choke the life out of me...and who could blame her?

I'd personally give her the knife myself to end my life. What I did was terrible...unforgivable. That was what I saw when I looked at her. But it was necessary.

Ben and Reed were right, I shouldn't have come here. It was a big mistake. The last thing Vick probably wanted to see was me, I should just go. But I can't risk getting up and leaving and someone spotting me, then things will get worse.

So I settle in my seat and just continue to look at her. She just continued to look and grow more beautiful, although it was clear she didn't want anyone to see her from the mass of spiky messy hair that obscured two-thirds of her face.

She's definitely taking the hiding and laying-low thing way too far. Reed's specific instructions were for her to keep a low profile. And ever since she moved out of the Baxter Building she did an exquisite job of doing so. A lot of people have tried to find her, super villains have used every resource to try and hunt her down, but all to no avail. Only Vick's closest friends and neighbors knew where she actually lived, and they weren't gonna just step forwards and reveal it.

"Heeeey!!! Boooooo!!!" a fat guy steps forward and yells.

"We came to watch her sing" the fat dude points at Vick. "Not you two!" he yells.

"Hey yea, he's right!" a girl sitting at the bar stool piped up.

The funny thing was that it was only one song scheduled to be played, that's how exclusive and wanted they've become, so playing an extra song wasn't probably in the agreement.

The crowd was backing up the fat dude, the two brothers who owned the bar were trying to keep everyone in control but as I look up at the stage all I see is Vick continually staring at me...I was actually becoming frightened about what might be going through her mind.

"We want Freeze to sing! We want Freeze to sing!" the fat guy stands on a table and begins to chant, the mass of people instantly begin to cry along. "We want Freeze to sing! We want Freeze to sing! We want Freeze to sing! WE WANT FREEZE TO SING!!!"

"SHUT AAAAAAA-UUUP!" Vick screams at the top of her voice. The whole bar goes dead quiet. "I...am not Freeze...anymore"

Her voice is so shaky, and I actually stand up from my seat to get a better look at her. She lifts her head up slightly and notices that everyone had their eyes on her. Something that Vick 6 months ago would love, but this Vick is afraid of.

And we have you to thank for that.

Vick, noticing she has everyone's undivided attention, walks up to the mic and speaks into it. "I'm not Freeze, I'm not a superhero, I...I never have been"