Ghost Mode *Activated*

Beep…..beep…..beep…..beep

I hold my breath.

Beep, beep, beep, beep-

I let out a deep breath.

Beep…..beep…..beep…..beep

I may be partially unconscious but it was fun to play around with the heart monitor. Although now I make sure to do it when no one was around, I once accidentally did it when Johnny was in the room and he totally freaked out.

Oh, I’m in the hospital by the way, in case you forgot.

I was passed out for two days straight. Best sleep I’ve ever had in my life.

The doctor’s said I was in a coma, I disagree. When you’re in a coma you don’t know what you’re doing or where you are or who you are. I am currently sitting on the couch in an astral type form watching TV and chewing imaginary pop corn.

How am I doing that, you may ask?

I think I’m gonna have to explain alittle deeper, so open your ears for this one.

During the two days I was passed out I sort of…blended, into the darkness. Not that I had a choice anyway. It was so cold down there, and dark, and so…empty. For the first day I was gripped in absolute terror, wondering why and how this happened to me. How could me getting super powers result in such darkness manifesting within me?

The night of the first day was a real nightmare come to life for me. I could hear voices, disoriented, fussy voices. I later realized it was the voices of the people around my hospital bed. I was paralyzed in fear in the endless void of nothing that resided within me, then I saw it…it was a small glimmer, but it was hope.

It was light.

I swam towards it desperately, and stretched my arm out to touch it with my finger tips, and with a flash the light burst before and around me.

Around the second day I was in the hospital I gasped awake, only problem was I didn’t use my mouth to gasp. It was like one of those scary movie things where you see the person’s ghost sit up from their body. At first I thought I was dead, I began to panic till the erratic sound of my heart monitor calmed be down but brought a nurse, a stressed looking Reed, red eyed Susan, agitated Ben, and an over the edge Johnny.

Several superheroes had come and gone, some stayed longer to visit, while others came to give warning of an imminent attack Doom might launch on the hospital because I was here. Reed was making swift plans to move me back to the Baxter Building, but was too afraid to move me due to my condition.

I toss another imaginary popcorn into my mouth.

For someone who just went through all that ninja crap and near severe organ damage….I was pretty chill.

Maybe it was touching the light that made me achieve this calmness. Or maybe because I was in a badass ghost form and I could see everyone but no one could see me. This was so sweet!

….and in other news, no more word for the comatose Victoria Howard a.k.a Freeze for the past few days. New Yorkers are in a tense state of panic as everyone awaits to hear of any news of her condition….

A scene of the hospital parking lot appeared on the TV with the female reporters voice in the background, dozens of hundreds of people sat outside, with placards and flowers and teddy bears. It made me sad to think their flowers wouldn’t be brought into my room, security had been tightened to the point of madness around the hospital.