5 Months Later

5 months later

Beep...beeep....beep. I steadily watch the food items go over the cash register, banana...orange...milk...cereal...hammer.

Okay, that last one is weird but I doubt the cashier will notice.

The cashier lifts an eyebrow at me as the hammer rings by, just my dumb luck. I shrug shyly at him, toss the money on the counter and rush out the grocery store.

But before I could leave I hear the bagger ask the cashier, "She looks really familiar, doesn't she?"

I pull my hoodie up over my head tighter as I hurry down the sidewalk. The store was a five minute walk from home. As I reach my steps I see the newspaper lying on my door mat, I pick it up and wonder who the hell still prints newspapers these days. I walk in and take off my hoodie with a sigh, I dump the bag and newspaper on the dining table and make my way upstairs to my room.

Everything was a mess, as usual, but the silence was welcomed. I pick up the sheets of paper off my bed and arrange them for when David and Sara would arrive later for use to revise the lyrics I'd come up with.

I take a quick shower and walk back downstairs in my towel, with my hair still dripping I sort through my items and put them in their respective places. The hammer I leave on the table for later use. My eyes glance at the newspaper headlines and I grimances.

"Argh," I say disgustedly and walk over to a cabinet and rummage through for a lighter. I find one and set it ablaze under the paper. It flares and curls as it begins to catch fire and I throw the remainder of the paper in the trash. I turn away just as the words "Fantastic Four Saves Manhattan" turns to dust...

*******************************************************************

I slam my fists at the punching bag in the gym that was formerly known as my mom and dad's room. My hair was pulled back in a ponytail as it swishes from left to right behind me from the sheer force of my punches.

Liars!

The word blasts me, my breathing is harsh as I continue to punch, concentrating an focusing all my energy on the red bag.

Bloody lairs!

I start aiming for the top of the bag, where a person's head would be.

Worthless!

My eyes begin to tear up as I fight back the memories and I focus my rage and anger on the bag in front of me, which about a month ago was brand new but now is worn, old, and dusted from constant and relentless use. I grit my teeth as I begin to feel the telltale white pain in my knuckles.

Good for nothing worthless lying bastards!!!

I jump up and round kick the punching bag, sending it off its chains and flying across the room. I land back on the ground and breathe heavily and deeply, sweat trailing down my body and blood pumping too fast through my veins. My body vibrates from the energy it had dispersed.

"...Vick?"

I pause, mid breath, as the soft voice comes in from behind me. I peep over my shoulder and see Sara standing at the door, a look of absolute worry etched on her face.

I take a moment to myself and gulp.

"Oh clumsy me!" I bop myself on the head as I turn to face her. "I shower before I start working out?" I giggle and shake my head, "I'm such an idiot." I smile as I walk over to her. I'm alittle bit taller than her but it rarely every shows cause the height difference is just an inch or so. The room is dark and she stands at the doorway illuminated with the light from the corridor, she looks at me gloomily.