I Am Conscious

It'd been a long time since I kissed Johnny. And let me tell you...

It felt GOOD!

I didn't care that Susan was in the corner with her eyes about to bulge out, or Ben had collapsed to the ground in sheer shock, or that Tony's suit was completely short-circuiting (that, thought, may not be entirely my fault).

Being in a spirity comatose state for almost a week with having no one to talk to and left to the own devices of your mind will kinda make you crave human contact....any kind of it.

Plus, it will make you lose 60% of your sanity. But hey, it was sorta gone anyway. But that's beside the point. I'm awake, I'm conscious, and I can kick some mutant/asguardian butt!

I swing my head up, my hair flies back to let me see clearly the crumbled figure of Loki on the ground outside my hospital store, he was rubbing his head over his golden helmet as he tried to use his scepter to stand back up.

"Not so fast!" I say coyly. I sit up and shot my arm out, blasting Loki with ice and freezing him to the ground with a comically shocked expression on his face.

"Ah!" Loki screamed cutely in surprise.

I curl my fingers back into my palm and look at it delightfully, it felt good. Using my powers AND talking.

"Oh hell no!" Susan screamed. She bolts over and hovers over me. "Kissing my brother is one thing...but this!?" Susan's voice went up so many octaves it actually disappeared as she spreads her hand before her to gesture at me.

What is she ranting about this time? I look down and it hit me like a speeding bullet train. My face flares up.

I was sitting right on Johnny....

Still don't get it?

I was sitting right on Johnny.

Couche to couche.

And I'm using the word couche instead of crotch for obvious Wattpad word violation reasons.

I jump up and hugged Susan, which stunned her.

"I'm so glad you can see and hear me that I don't even care that you're maniacally nagging me as usual." I hug her really tightly.

"Ooo...kay?" she pats my hair fondly, "Hey wait!" she pushes my shoulders back to look at me.

"Horray! Sleeping Beauty has awakened!" Deadpool runs over and trips Susan out of the way as he death-grip bear hugs me. "Only instead of a kiss, it was several droplets of blood antagonizingly forced into your body to wake you up"

Logan punches him on the shoulder out of the way, "Great to see you up and healthy kid"

I grin and giggle in everyone's faces. I was too happy for human words to describe. I am conscious. Nothing could ruin this moment. Nothing!

"You shall not escape, child!" Magneto bursts into the room saying.

Nope, that still can't ruin this moment. Infact, it makes it all the more sweeter.

"You gotta catch me first" I say to him over my shoulder cheekily.

"Wait! Vick! Let us fight them" Reed trys to say to me, stretching his arm out to hold me back.

"Nope!" I say gleefully, I jump up and rotate in mid air, freezing everyone's feet to the ground but mine. "You've all had your fun, now it's my turn!" I jump up off Johnny and sprint for the door.

"STOOOOP!" Magneto bellows.

I come at the frozen Loki outside the door, I spike my hand with ice and come in for the killing punch when Loki panics, breaks out of the ice, and high-tails it out of the way. The impacting punch leaves a huge crater in the wall. I force my hand out and zero my eyes on Loki who was flying down the corridor.

"Loki you coward! Face me!" I say in my best Thor impersonation.

"LOOK OUT!" Susan screams.

I look over in time to see and dodge the full length car Magneto had chucked at me. I fly back up to my feet and blow out my mouth and completely blind him with a hail of snow.

"Kid! Unfreeze us!" Logan broke out his claws and starts hacking at the ice.

"You can't do this allow!" Reed pleads as he tries to stretch out.

"Let us help you!" Susan wails as she whacks away the ice with her forcefield.

"No" I insist. Freezing the ice they'd made progress with back up passed their ankles and up to their knees. Why can't they get it? I want to fight. I want to do this. They get all the fame, fun and glory while I lie back on my hospital bed and do what? Drool? "I want to do this" I say into the room.

I look at everyone's frustrated face....all expect one.

Johnny.

He looked at me with a proud smile and something special gleaming in his eyes, like I was the rarest entity in the world. What the heck?

That, my dear, is the look of love-

No time to think like that!

I stand up and connect eyes with Johnny for a second.

"Go get em bae" he says softly.

BAE!?

DID HE JUST!?

DID I JUST WITNESS?!

Breathe, girl, breathe! My mind starts racing words in a panic.

He didn't say bae, he couldn't have said bae. He meant babe. YES, babe was the word he was looking for.

And how is babe any much different from bae?

My mouth hangs open as I stare at Johnny dumbfoundedly. Do I ask him to repeat himself or correct himself? Do I even want him to repeat or correct himself? Situation aside I am one antibody micro-tech away from full blown fangirl mode.

The two ton slab of metal that sailed towards me distracted me for a second. For just one second. I freeze it with such a forceful blast of cold air that it shatters right before impact.

Whoa! Dayum I'm good!

"Woohoo! Yeah, go Vicky!" Deadpool chanted, "Beat the odds! Just because Taskmaster whooped your ass doesn't mean you can't beat Loki and Magneto"

"It does!" every other sane adult in the room roared.

"Tsk tsk tsk" I mocking scold everyone in the room. "All ye of little faith"

And with that I blast rundown the corridor leaving ice footprints.

"Vick come back!"

"GET BACK HERE!"

"Pipsqueak!"

Pipsqueak!?

My bare feet slap down against the cold tilted floor of the hospital and I bound after Loki who, by all indications, was running for his life from me. I have to admit, that made me feel badass. Just one blast and a punch from me has Loki running. Am I that formidable?

And that sent off the negativity bells ringing in my head.

Loki's own brother (half if you will), is Thor. So why in the name of Fudge Sundae Cakes would he be scared of me? Hey, I may be an inexperienced hero but I ain't no idiot.

Something feels way wrong...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Author's Note

Nope.

Can't say it.

I just don't have the right words to apologize for over 2 months of absence.

Nope.

Can't do it.

Just can't face you guys.

I'm gonna crawl under a rock and die now.

Comment and vote if you still like/even read this story and don't totally hate my guts.

Signing out...

~Ya Gal Vicky</3