What happened?

Tug, tug, tug.

“Johnny! Quit pulling my hair!” I swat his hand away as I chewed on my cereal from my cereal bowl.

“But it’s just so pretty” he grins, tugging the ends.

“Imma show you pretty” I growl, tugging my hair away from him and growling to his face.

“You’re so cute when you’re mad” he taps my nose in those annoying ways guy do in the movies, why was it annoying? Cause I’m not a dog and Johnny’s acting way to cutesy with me. Frankly it’s irritating.

“Why are you here, exactly?” I ask him. “Won’t Reed and Sue be on their way back to get you?”

Johnny waves off my concern. “Those two love birds will be standing at the doorsteps before they realize I’m gone. Plus I left them a note”

“Ah yes, a note always helps” I say sarcastically.

Johnny leans towards me and bites me cheek playfully, “Aren’t you glad I stayed?”

I think my heart just melted.

I push myself up from the table and grab my bowl, “I thought a weekend with you would be fun and sexy,” I go over to the sink and drop the bowl in the sink. “Not annoying.” I strain the last word.

“Fun and sexy, huh?” he was behind me in a flash, “why would you say that?” he whispers in my ear.

Tingles!

“Oh no you don’t” I peel Johnny’s hand before it could latch onto my waist.

“What?” Johnny asked with a clueless expression.

I give him a mock men-are-so-oblivious smirk and strut to the living room. Yes, strut. I could hear Johnny’s silent inhaled gasp, yup, I still got it.

“What are you gonna do then?” Johnny follows after me, but kept a safe distance away so he could look at me walk away. I could’ve sworn he said Damn!, under his breath.

“Watch TV and ignore you” I jump down on the couch, the remote bounces up and I snatch it out of the air.

“Ya…None of that’s gonna happen” Johnny jumps down on the couch, causing me to bounce up and land on his chest. He grabs my remote from me. Yes, my remote. I own it and I’ll punch anyone who tries to take it from me.

“Gimme!” I scream.

He easily stretches is hand away from me. “Make me,” he challenges.

I bite his chest.

“Ow!”

The remote drops to the floor, I reach for it like my life depended on it. As my fingers close around the remote Johnny grabs me by my ribs and pull me back onto him. I give him a smug victory smile, my hair falling down the sides, enveloping us in our own little world.

He kisses me, a small kiss but still a kiss. I feel a slight blush, I turn away from him and switch on the TV. It blares to life and displays a sports game I have no interest in watching. As I surf through channels I stumble onto a motor bike race.

“LEAVE IT!” Johnny begs.

I take pity on him and leave it, I kinda like watching cool stuff like this, Johnny's arm wraps around me and I snuggle into his chest. The drivers race over the dunes, doing cool stunts, performing air flips and daring tricks. A racer in red and black on a yellow bike streaks across the screen, jumps a ramp and goes through 7 flaming hoops pitched atop 18-wheeler trucks doused with gasoline.