Sunday Morning

The blaring morning lights flood into the room.

Urgh, why are the curtains open?

Turning over in the bed and grunting I try to shield my eyes and get back into the darkness.

Hmm, my bed is more comfortable and indented then I remembered. I reach out an arm and feel it fall over the edge of the bed.

Why is my brain telling me something’s wrong?

I’m in bed, I’m in bed…

“I was at the bar!” I yell, jumping out of bed.

How’d I get back to the Baxter Building? When did I get to my room? And why can’t I remember anything?

Then something clicked.

“Victoria”

I jump out of bed and made a dash for the door, which in retrospect must’ve been a dumbass move since I was drunk off my ass last night. Leaning on the door I catch my breath as the world decided to take dance lessons at that very moment, and it was terrible at it.

“Need to get to Vick. Must find Vick” I chant to myself for encouragement.

Using the wall as support I walk out of my room, everything was clean and organized, as it normally was. I open the door and am insulted by the heavenly smell of good food.

Oh good God, who is the one doing this heavenly cooking?

Wait, Susan can’t cook to save Reed’s life. And Ben is out of town with Alicia on a probable pre-honeymoon. So there must be an intruder in the apartment.

Pushing my annoyingly feeble legs to move I still used the wall as support. If there was an intruder in the house I need to get to them before they find and harm Vick. I pass the living room and rounded next to the kitchen. The scent grew stronger till a pool of my own drool was gestating in my mouth.

Who is the one cooking?

Entering the kitchen I’m pretty sure my brain almost combusted at the sight before me.

“Vick?”

She was standing there, all tall beautiful and gorgeous. She turned around to look at me, her hair fanned out around her as her head turn, the light hit her face just about right.

I think I lost the function to breathe.

“Johnny?” she had a dazzling smile and her eyes lit up with joy upon seeing me.

That’s new…

She turned around, away from the burner -it looked like she was making pancakes- and walked towards me.

“Come, sit, eat,” she took my hand and directed me to the table on the left. Upon seeing the content on the table I almost cried.

“Who…” my throat was bone dry, it hurt to talk so I just pointed. It was easier to talk through the pain when it was Vick’s name I was saying.

“It’s breakfast” she says brightly, still looking at me with all but sparkle in her eyes. What’s going on…?

She guided me over and sat me down. She pulled a plate of pancakes, some sliced fruit, and a bowl of cereal infront of me.

“Wait there’s more-” She turns and picks up the frying pan and dumps a hand full of eggs and chicken bacon on another plate. “-and finally” she pours me some orange juice.

“Bon apetite” she says, still smiling.

I look at the food, then back at her, then at the food, then at her…then the door.