I Decree He Suffers

I padded down the corridor, with muffled sounds of an erupting argument from the kitchen following me. My whole body wobbles with the strain of me holding back tears I never even knew were present. I reach my bedroom door just as the tears blurred my vision.

Why Johnny, why?.....why did you have to ruin a good thing?

As you can recall I don’t cry, I hate crying. But this is a moment that deserves a cry, doesn’t it? No one would judge me if I did, cause right now the pain cut deep, and a part of me tells me it shouldn’t.

I open the door.

“Vick? Is everything alright?” Sara was sitting cross-legged on the floor, stopping mid-tap with her phone in hand.

I’d forgotten Sara was even in my room. We’d been chatting in my room when Tony and Steve dropped by and I had to lock Sara in my bedroom to stop her from going to rip the clothes off their body.

“I-it…” my voice cracked and I sink to the floor. I can’t take this…I just can’t. I think I’m going through a breakdown.

“Easy girl” Sara stands up and rushes over to me, “Calm down”

“I-I can’t,” I choke out. My words couldn’t get out because of the large lump of ice stuck in my throat…that was a figure of speech.

“Sssssh girl,” Sara wraps her arms around me, “Damn!”

She jumps away from me and looks at her arms and fingers in pure shock, and then she looks up at me, “Did you just give me frostbite?”

“I’m sorry!” I say in a horrified voice, stunned by myself that I could ever do that to my friend.

“You just gotta chill,” Sara says.

I arch a brow at her.

“Uh, okay…poor choice of words” she admits sheepishly.

“Johnny’s such an a-hole!” I fumed, pushing myself up from the floor furiously. “I wish…argh! I wish I could just forget about him. Hurt him back!”

“Do you really wanna do that girl?” Sara says cautiously. “The only one who’ll get hurt in the end is you”

“I really doubt that” a gruff voice interrupts us. But the body that owned it wasn’t in the room, Sara and I whipped our heads side to side looking for the owner of the voice. “Why should she always be the one ending up getting hurt and having to move on and get past it?” the voice continued darkly.

A red and black figure materialized from my curtain and the corner of the ceiling area.

“Oh gosh!” Sara squealed in fear, clutching her heart, her breathing multiplying tenfold.

“Deadpool!?” I whisper shout in surprise.

He walks up to us, “In the flesh”

“What the hell are you doing here!?” I continue to whisper yell, even though the man stood right in front of me.

“Well I came to take you out for a night on the town like Tony did, can’t let that billionaire bastard show me up” he snorts spitefully as he stands tall and foreboding over Sara and me, his two katana blades sticking out of their sheath on his back.

I blink at him.

“I am so confused right now” I pinch the bridge of my nose.

“Well, after my little brother dragged me into all this I realized how fun you are and I wanna hang with you” he says.