What A Saturday Night

His eyes were closed tight, and alittle stubble was growing on his face. I was pulling his head up by his hair so his mouth hung open, his breathing was coming out harsh and hollow.

“Oh Johnny…” I whisper so only the two of us could hear. “What have I done to you?”

I could literally feel my heart break. His face was all smudged up with several types of liquid, and a mug spilt the remainder of its contents all over the table where Johnny laid his face. I groan out quietly in my throat.

“That the guy?” the bartenders grubby voice asked.

“Yeah,” I answer sadly without looking away at Johnny.

“He needs to go home and sleep….probably take a shower first” the bartender continued, but I had since ignored him.

“Uh huh” I agree absently.

“This is the first time I’ve seen him like this. Usually he comes in here glowing like the sun ranting about some girl he’s looney over”

That caught my attention.

“Say what?” I whipped my head around to look at him. “You know him?”

“Wait a minute…” the bartender gave me an accusatory look. “You’re her aren’t you?” he slapped his palm on the table, “What is wrong with you?” His eyes blare with anger.

“Everything okay here?” Logan walks over, making his huge presence known.

The bartender’s angry eyes look over to Logan, then he gulped.

“U-uh…y-yes sir” the bartender’s eyes dilated when it landed on Logan’s outdrawn claws.

Logan just grinned. He was scary…and he knew it. I’m scary and I know it…*singing*

I giggle internally at myself.

“Is that him?”Logan asked, pointing at Johnny’s body –which at that moment looked like a lifeless corpse.

I nod. I couldn’t muster the energy to reply.

“Let’s get him outta here” Logan said.

“Okay” I mutter compliantly.

“Hey! He hasn’t paid!” the bartender interjected.

Logan growled at him.

“It’s on the house!” the bartender squealed in fear.

“No, no” I say, I slip my hand into Johnny’s jacket pockets. On the third try I find a hundred dollar bill in his front pocket. I toss it on the table near the shivering bartender, “Will that cover it?”

The bartender reached out a severely shaking hand, still giving Logan a terrified look, and nodded his head. “L-l-lemme give you y-your change”

“Keep the change” I say with a sweet smile.

I turn back to Johnny and sip my shoulder underneath one of his arms and hoist him up with all of my strength. Unfortunately for me I lift with the wrong shoulder, my arm began to throb.

“Ouch!” Johnny almost fell from me onto the floor but Logan caught him and held him up with one arm.

“I’ll take it from here” Logan offered.

I breathed a sigh of relief. “Thanks”

*******************************************************************

Once outside the chilly night air hit us and it hit us hard. I shivered violently.

“You alright?”