Chapter 28

Lin's POV

After I tucked Seb into bed, I went to go back into the living room to join Groff and his dad. I heard yelling, so I didn't want interfere with anything between them. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help it. I heard Groff's dad ask him all these questions then he asked if we had done "it" and Groff was furious. I wanted to calm him down so bad, but I didn't want things to get more awkward then it already was.

I heard Groff's dad apologize and leave to his room and I looked out to make sure he was gone. He was gone, but all I saw was Groff with his head in his hands and I couldn't help but comfort him. I went up to him slowly and sat next to him. "Go away. I don't want to hurt you too" he said quite emotionally.

I put my arms around him and tried to calm him down. He started rubbing his hands through his hair stressfully and he looked up to me. His eyes were red, but he wasn't crying. I'm sure he was either holding it in or he was having some type of anxiety attack. "What's wrong" I asked as I rubbed his knee.

"I lashed out on my dad. I feel shitty as fuck. I couldn't control myself. He started asking questions about you and about us and I got defensive. I don't know what came down on me." I hugged him and started rubbing his back. "I fucked everything up and this is the first day I've seen him in eight years."

"It's ok, love. I'm sure you can make it up to him."

"Lin, you don't understand. I can't. All these years it's just been him waiting to see me and the first time he gets to talk to me I lash out."

"Well I saw you guys talking while we were walking outside. You two seemed happy, so technically it wasn't your first time you talked to each other" I said trying to make him feel a little better.

"This isn't time for your sarcasm. Sorry in advance if I lash out on you too." I held him closer and he sighed trying to relieve his own stress. I rubbed his back as I held him and we sat like that for a while. He looked back up to me and said "I also need to tell you something a little concerning. It's about Sebby."

"Ok? What about him?" I said preparing myself for what might happen.

"Well he kind of opened up to me when we went to get ice cream earlier. He misses Vanessa. I called her so he could talk to her, and he feels a little better now, but he also wants to see her. I told him when we get back to New York that he could see her." He paused and I kind of stepped into realization that Seb hadn't seen his mom since she had left him with me. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have promised him anything. I mean you are his real father. You should be deciding, not me."

"Hey, it's ok. You did what's best. Maybe not biologically, but you are his real father too. Just because I was his father before you doesn't mean that you don't have the same ranking. You are as much of a father to him as I am." He nodded his head and put his head on my shoulder. We stayed like that until I heard him softly snore. He had fallen asleep and I don't blame him. I shook him and he looked up and rubbed his eyes. "You want to go to bed?"

He nodded and I helped him up from the couch and held his hand all the way until we got into his old room. He changed out of his jeans and into warmups and took off his shirt so he could be comfortable. He flopped next to Sebby and fell straight to sleep. I did the same and kissed both of them before I laid down on the other side of Seb. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes so I could fall asleep which I did successfully.

~The next day~
I woke up to Seb shaking me awake. I looked at him with a confused and annoyed face and said "What is it Seb? I'm tired."

"Sorry, Papa" he said as he cuddled into me. I let it happen and hugged him as well. "I wanted to ask where Daddy is" he said kind of disappointed.