Chapter 41

Groff's POV

The thought of being the legal father to this baby kept playing out in my mind. I've never officially raised a child, so this would be a new experience for me. Everything is happening so quickly, but for some reason, it isn't as overwhelming as it should be. If it was overwhelming I'd be with with my knees to my chest, rocking back and forth. I haven't even taken anything today. Does this mean I'm getting better? I don't know, but whatever it is, it's treating me well.

I really want to call Vanessa to congratulate her, but I didn't want to be a bother. I want to ask her about so many things that it's bugging me. I pulled up my phone and just sent her a quick a quick text asking if she was busy. As soon as I sent it she said she wasn't and she called me. That wasn't scary at all.

I picked up and said a quick "Hey."

"Hey, so I'm guessing he told you" Vanessa said, a little nervous.

"Yeah, he told me, I'm honestly excited. Oh and congrats by the way."

"You're congratulating me? I should be congratulating you guys! It's your first baby after all" she said excitedly.

"Well, thank you" I said laughing. "Also quick, weird, off topic question: Does he drink when he's stressed out?"

"All the time, but warning you now, he gets a different emotion with each drink. For instance Whiskey makes him act weird, if you know what I mean. Tequila makes him sad and childlike, and beer makes him really mad" she said making us both laugh. "If you're going to give him anything, let it be whiskey since that's his drink of choice."

"Well thanks for that information" I said laughing a little. "Also, I wanted to ask, when are you due?"

"I think the date is... March thirtieth? The estimate was late March or early April."

"That's awfully close to my birthday" I said, making me think.

"If he's born on your birthday, that would be one hell of a birthday gift" she said laughing. I agreed and she asked "Have you thought of a name yet?"

"Well I had an agreement with my dad that I would have his name as my first son's middle name, so we have a middle name, but not a first name."

"Well there you go, you have something" she said while laughing. "With Sebastian, Lin fought for that name since I announced I was pregnant with him. I finally gave in since he kept calling him Sebastian. Speaking of Lin, is he ok?"

"He's a little stressed out, but he wanted to be alone, so I let him be" I said careful not to mention what he told me.

"Little tip: message his shoulders. It helps him feel better. And of course, give him his adult juice."

I laughed and said "I sure will."

"Alright well I have to get this kid to bed, so see you soon."

"Ok, tell Seb we say goodnight!"

"You got it, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and got out of bed to go downstairs into the kitchen. I turned on the TV and SNL was on. Looks like Chris Hemsworth is hosting. To my knowledge he's every gay guy's wet dream. I poured two glasses of whiskey, both for him.

I heard him walk out of his office and sit on the couch to watch TV. I took the glasses and sat next to him, handing him one. He smiled and took a small sip. "I don't act the way I'm supposed to when I drink this, so be prepared to pry me off of you." I smiled at him and kissed him immediately tasting the alcohol. I hid my face into the crook of his neck and watched him as he downed the entire glass. "Is that yours" he asked pointing to the other glass.