Chapter 23

Lin's POV ~ the next day

I honestly didn't think Groff would say yes to the whole get together thing. I thought since he had been really emotional for a few weeks that he'd want a break, but I guess not. After the show, we went out to get some stuff for the get together and started to set everything up at the house. I thought it'd be better if we did this on a Sunday since everyone would definitely have a hangover the next day. You see, sometimes I think about things.

Also, we obviously had to drop off Seb at my parents' house since there was going to be alcohol and it wouldn't be a good idea to have kids here. Seb didn't want to leave without our dear Honey, so we had to ask if we could bring her too, which they agreed to. I feel like Honey would just be in more pain if she had to listen to us screaming the whole time. Especially with a cast as big as ours.

By the time we were done setting everything up, it was 30 minutes until the party started. I was surprised that we got all of that done in the mass of
2 1/2 hours. Groff and I sat on the couch and was just there for a while. He nuzzled himself into my neck and kissed my jawline. We stayed like that for a bit until he said, " I feel like one of those college kids that throws a party at their house without permission from their parents while their parents are on a business trip."

I laughed at his comment and said "so you're feeling rebellious? Or are you just waiting for people to enter the house?"

"Kind of like both I guess. I'm just in such a good mood right now." He was the definition of happy. I mean the biggest smile he's had in the past few weeks. It was nice to see him happy.

All while this was happening, people were arriving at the house, so we kind of had to stop cuddling and answer the door for people. First came Pippa and her husband, Steven. "Hey guys! Come on in" Groff said opening the door wider so that they could walk in.

"Holy crap it's beautiful" Pippa said as she walked into the house. "You guys live together?"

"Yep, Lin bought the house and offered me to stay with him, which I accepted, as you know" Groff replied. How does Pippa know everything about him? They must really trust each other.

"Well guys make yourselves at home" I said to them. As soon as I said that there was another knock at the door. I was going to get it, but Groff stopped me and got it himself.

Around thirty minutes later, it was a full house. The music was blasting and everyone in the cast was here and having a great time. Even Emily was here, and she doesn't even come to cast parties, ever. She seemed to be having a really good time too.

I kind of lost Groff in the crowd, but that was ok since I was talking with Daveed and Chris while everyone was having their own conversations amongst themselves.

I was kind of lost into my own conversation, and I wasn't paying attention to what Chris had to say until he called me. "Lin are you good?"

"What? Sorry I kind of dosed off. Not that you're boring, but I just went blank" I responded.

Chris accepted and started talking again, but this time I excused myself from the conversation and went to find Groff. I needed to check up on him since he gets out of hand when he's at parties. By out of hand, I mean drunk out of his mind, but he's a friendly drunk. He was the drunk that just wanted to have a good time.

I was looking all over for him until I found him in the kitchen talking with Sydney and Sasha. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around. "Oh hey Lin" he said with a beer in his hand. He wasn't drunk, but I do need to warn him not to be.

"Hey Jon can I talk to you for a sec? It'll be quick" I told him as I led him to a corner. Once we got there, he turned to me and waited for what I was going to say. "So Jon, I really want you to listen to me when I say this and I mean this ok?" He nodded and looked kind of scared, so I grabbed his shoulder and continued. "Don't get drunk. You can have like two or three of these nothing over. If you do get drunk, you're sleeping on the couch and that's it. You understand?" I was talking to him like he was a kindergartner who was getting warned not to do something.