Chapter 1

Groff's POV ~ (At Richard Rodgers)

This morning was way to early. I was sitting on the couch in Lin and I's shared dressing room just looking at the ceiling and thinking to myself. It was around 9am, so I was half asleep, seeing if I could possibly take a nap before the show starts. I know 9am isn't all that early, but for me it is. No one was here, and I just happened to wake up at 8:30, so I decided to get here early so I'd be ready before the show starts.

I hear a door open and then close. Who the hell is here so early? I take a peek out of the room and see Pippa with a very tired look on her face.

"Hey Pip!" I say excited, yet still hearing my morning voice.

"Hey" she yawned while smiling. "What brings you here at 9 in the morning."

"I woke up early so I thought I'd be productive" I said, slightly jumpy.

"I would've slept in if I were you. It's going to be a long day. Who was the guy that created 2 show days anyway?" She said, annoyed but also jokingly.

"I know, right? Especially because it's Wednesday. I just want to get some sleep, but for that I blame alarm clocks." I said slightly laughing towards the end.

"Well I'm going to my dressing room so I can try and wake myself up. I'll talk to you later because I have a question for you." She said while giving me nod as she walked off.

What could she be wondering about me? I mean I'm just plain ol' Groff, right? Is she worried? Do I seem off today? I should probably stop asking myself these questions before I get more worried.

About 30 minutes later people start arriving. The show starts at around 2 pm so I don't get why we have to be here at this hour. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job, but I dread getting up so early for it. The only thing that wakes me up is talking to other people, which is probably why I was more hyper after talking to Pippa. I love talking to my fellow cast mates. We're like a big family of Broadway nerds. There's hardly ever any fighting which is great, and I would hate for that to change.

Finally! My roommate walks through the door!

"Lin!" I say truly excited to see him once again.

"Groffsauce!" He says but not matching my level of excitement. There's something wrong, but I wouldn't want to ruin the mood.

He enters the room and I give him a hug while he just sinks into my embrace. He feels so warm, and it's quite comforting if you ask me.

He didn't really talk to me as much as he would. I mean he seemed happy enough to call happy. He did the usual blasting of his radio, which was connected to his iPod. He seemed neutral, so I wasn't all that worried. I don't know why I always overthink things when it comes to Lin. I mean I've known him since 2008 so I think I'd know when something is wrong. I have no clue why I'm so damn worried.

"Soooo... are you going to just stare at me all day?" Lin says laughing towards the end with a hint of sarcasm. The usual.

I didn't even know that I was staring at him. How long was I staring? All I could think of to say was "sorry." Why am I blushing?

He laughed and turned back to whatever he was doing. Why do I have to be like this?

I shrugged and sat next to him on the couch. Then a familiar, loud blaring goes off on the intercom "20 minutes until showtime!"

"Shit." Lin says under his breath, realizing he hasn't even started to get dressed.

I still need to get dressed myself, but I have a little more time than the whole cast does. I didn't have to worry about it that much, but I started to get dressed anyway so I could get it over with.

Lin just rushed out the door so he could get into places with the rest of the cast, excluding me. It was kind of funny seeing a man dressed in an 18th century costume running with his long hair. It was kind of cute the way he ran.

Woahwoahwoah did I just say that? Yeah I guess I did. I've been swallowing my feelings for Lin since I've heard his name! The lyrics to Heights cool musical just made my feelings for him even more intense! Why did he have to do this to my poor soul. I just have to except the fact that he is happily married and has a child. But again that's just my feelings. I have no idea how he feels, but I'm guessing he doesn't feel the same way I do.

(Time skip to it's quiet uptown)
I was watching the play from where I usually watch it in my free time. During "It's quiet uptown" Lin's acting seemed a bit more real. I almost started crying just looking at how sad he looked during that scene. I need to checkup on him after the show

~~~

After the show was done, we took our bows and went straight back to the dressing rooms. I put on my normal clothes until I realized that I had forgotten Pip had to ask me something. I wasn't all that worried after I calmed myself down, but now I'm getting even more worried than before!

With that I walked to her dressing room and lightly knocked on the door and say "It's Groff!"

"Give me a second" she yelled from what I'm pretty sure was the other side of the dressing room. With that she opened the door and smiled. "Come on in, and have a seat because this might take a while depending on your answer"

I trusted Pippa with my life, but right now I'm kind of scared of what her question would be. It was silent for a while until she decided to start the conversation.
"So.... I've seen the looks you give him. I've seen that you hug him every time he enters the door. So tell me, do you like him?"

"Who?" I asked obviously knowing who she's asking about.

"You know who I'm talking about!" She said giving me an obvious look. I gave her a puzzled look until she said, "Lin!"

~Hope you like that first chapter! I'm always open for suggestions so reply to this paragraph if you have any!

~1099 words♈️