Chapter 17

Lin's POV

I woke up in a panic. My dream was absolutely horrific.

Lin's Dream
I got a call from Jonathan, so naturally I picked up. He said "Hey Lin! I'm going to go pick up Sebby from school, so I'll be home in a bit."

"Ok then see you later." I hung up and turned on the TV. I was flicking through the channels for a while trying to figure out what I should watch while I was alone. Then I got another call from an unknown number.

"Hello is this Lin-Manuel Miranda?" the nice lady said on the other line. I of course told her it was me but I was confused. "You're Mr. Groff's emergency contact, so we gave you a call to let you know that he's at the hospital right now. He was in a car accident along with another boy which I'm guessing is your son."

I felt my heart drop to the floor and my blood run cold. "Yeah I'll be right there..." I hung up and ran to the hospital. There was only one car and now it's destroyed, so I had to make a run for it. Thankfully the hospital was nearby.

When I got there I asked the lady for the room number and she looked at me with a sorry look. "I'm sorry to say this, but they didn't make it."

And with that I woke up breathing uncontrollably searching for Groff. Then I heard him say "Lin what the hell are you doing?" I had no response then to hug him. The feeling of loosing him was just unbearable.

"I have to go check on Seb I'll be back."

"Why? What's wrong? Is he ok?"

I ignored his questions and ran to Sebby's room. There he laid sleeping peacefully. The sun was coming up so he should wake up soon. I groomed his hair out of his face kissed him and went back to bed with Groff.

"Lin what's going on?" He asked as soon as I walked in. He was worried about me.

"I just had a really bad dream that you went to go pick up Seb from school and you guys got into a car accident and died. It just felt so... real.." I said sobbing as soon as I finished.

Groff ran up to me and hugged me. That's all I needed right now. Just to be in his arms and feel loved and safe. He whispered to me to calm me down and succeeded.

After I calmed down we just stood there as we were until the alarm went off. I groaned and went to turn it off. It was 7:00 in the morning and we needed for Seb to wake up. "Can you wake him up? Please."

He nodded and went to wake up Seb so he could get ready. As they were doing their own thing I went to go get dressed into normal clothing. I fixed my hair because it looked god awful, and went to go check up on Groff and Seb.

As soon as I walked in I heard laughter out of both of them. It always warms my heart to see both of them happy at the same time. When I first saw them Groff was finishing fixing Seb's hair. I'm guessing Groff was just saying random jokes and that's why they were laughing.

I leaned on the door frame of the bathroom and just watched them laugh. I mean it's the cutest thing you'll ever see. Groff looked up to me and smiled. "Ok you're all set! Go down stairs and we'll meet you there" he told Sebby.

Seb ran out of the room and it was just me and him. "Thank you for that" I told him. "You're a great dad."  I side hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You know Seb didn't want to go to school because of what happened yesterday. He was very emotional and I could see why" he said in a monotone. I know he cared but he was either tired or just stating a fact.
It sounded like both.

"Yeah I can see why he wouldn't want to, but I can't have him at the theater, so unfortunately he kinda has to. I can't just leave him unsupervised."