Chapter 14

Groff's POV

I was sitting on the couch waiting for Lin to finally get dressed into something more presentable than what he wears to go to bed. Then I thought to myself "he's ok with this right?" I mean he said he wanted for me to be here, but I don't know why. I mean I get that he wants to introduce me, but what if his parents don't want me dating him.

I was getting carried away with my thoughts and then I heard little footsteps going down the stairs. Sebby took one look at me and asked "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere. I'm just getting dressed to meet your grandma and grandpa."

"Why so fancy?"

"Well I want to make a good impression."

"What's an impression?"

"Y'know when you first meet someone, you want to be known as a good person? Well you have to act and look like a nice person as well and make them see you as a good person. You get me?"

He nodded his head and sat on the couch, next to me. "Is Papa your boyfriend?"

God, these kids and their questions. "Well you'd have to ask him." I didn't want to tell him anything without Lin's consent.

"Ok then" he said as he got up from the couch and went upstairs to go ask Lin more questions.

There was a knock at the door and I checked my watch. It's already 1pm? Wow time went by. Lin came down stairs in a hurry. He was already fully dressed in his suit, but damn he looked hot.

Lin opened the door to reveal his parents talking amongst each other and then turning to the door in excitement. They exchanged greetings to their son and came inside. They were amused by how nice the house was. His mother was the first to say "It's beautiful!"

"Thank you Ma. Oh and there's Groff."

Shit. I don't even know why I'm nervous. I stood up from the couch and went in for a handshake, but instead got a hug from Lin's mom. "Thank you for helping my son!"

"Oh it's no problem" I said being careful with every word I said.

Lin rubbed my back noticing I was a little bit tense. He calmed me down very quickly when he whispered an "Just be yourself. It's ok. I can't hug you right now but if I could I would."

I nodded and I heard footsteps down the stairs and spotted an overly excited Sebastian with a small toy in his hands. "Grandma, Grandpa" he said as he ran up to them and hugged them.

Lin gave them a tour of the house and they were amazed at how big the house was. They loved the dining room the most since it was so nice and had a lot of seats for family gatherings. They were just a little concerned when they saw my bag in Lin's room. I'm pretty sure they're suspicious of me now.

The time came for us to sit down and have our lunch right after Sebby was done eating. We wanted to wait for him to finish just in case things got out of hand between Lin and his parents.

As we were eating Lin and his parents were having small talk while I just didn't feel like being too social. I mean, Lin is their son and who knows how long it's been since Lin has had a meal with his parents. I didn't want to interrupt until Lin's dad looked at me to ask a question. "Are you ok Jon? You got a little silent there."

"Yeah I'm ok I just don't want to interrupt anything between you guys. I don't know how long it's been since you've seen him." I was being honest. I hated the spotlight though.

"No it's ok! You can talk whenever you'd like! It's a family table after all." Lin's dad was probably the nicest dad I've known along with his mom. And he just called me family! I just felt so welcomed with them.