Chapter 18

Lin's POV

I woke up better than I did the first time today. Surprisingly I felt way better than I did earlier. It was now 11am and Groff was still sleeping, so I couldn't really move anywhere without him waking up. He was very close to me so one move and I've messed up his dream. That's when he started to wake up. It was subtle, so I didn't notice until he started talking. "How are you feeling now?"

He really did care. "Better than earlier" I said stretching. If we were to go to the theater right now, we would probably be able to do the show, but Groff didn't want me over there. I really wanted to go, but Groff is obviously right. I can't be stressed all day.

Just the thought of tomorrow is bothering me. Everyone is just going to tease me and Groff because we were 'coincidentally' taking the day off at the same time. I'm just the one they tease more and I'm not sure why.

Groff fully woke up and went to the bathroom. While he was in there I went to go check on Sebby. He was on his iPad playing games, or so I assume. "Whatcha doing there bud?"

He turned the screen to me not wanting to say anything to me. This is starting to frustrate me, but I'm not going to show it to his face, obviously. "Well I don't know what that is, could you tell me?"

He turned the screen again, but instead he showed me the title of the app. His face was just blank without emotion.

"Ok then. That's uh... fun I guess." I left the room but when I turned around I bumped into Groff. "Oh shit" was all I could say before I fell.

"Lin, I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" He was apologizing but he really wanted to laugh and you could see it in his eyes as he helped me up from the ground.

"Yeah I'm ok." I pulled him back into our bedroom and started telling him about Sebby. "I thought it would've worn out by now. This like making me really frustrated that he won't talk to me. What the hell did that kid say that made him not want to talk to me."

"It's ok Lin just let him warm up to-"

"No. He needs to talk to me." I was angry, and I was trying so hard not to lash out on either of them. Groff was trying so hard to calm me down, but I just wouldn't. Why do I have to be so stubborn?

"Look I'll try to talk to him and see what's wrong. You need to chill. Just stay here ok?" And with that he went into Seb's room to talk to him.

Groff's POV

I knocked on Seb's door and opened it to see him still on his iPad. I went up to him and he watched me sit next to him on his bed. He turned off the iPad and looked at me confused. I spoke up, "What were you doing?"

"Games" he answered it was a short response, but it was still a response.

"Well then." I took a deep breath and said, "If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me about school yesterday?"

He looked down and started to speak, "a fifth grader told me that Papa was a bad guy and that he is a fake. Then he told me bad stuff about me and that I would turn out to be like Papa."

"Well I can tell you that your papa is not a bad guy. He's a good guy, and he isn't fake! He loves what he does and he does good things to help people. Also you are a lot like your father. When you grow up you'll be as hardworking and thoughtful as him, ok?" I really did mean what I said.

"Ok" was all he said as he got up from his bed and ran into Lin and I's bedroom. When I walked in there Sebby was hugging Lin and neither of them noticed I was watching from the door. Wow I'm creepy.

Seb ran back out of the room and into his own as I walked in. Lin hugged me and asked "what did you tell him?"

"Well I told him the truth. He wouldn't talk to you because the kid that was yelling at him called you a lot of things that you wouldn't want to hear."

Lin nodded and thanked me. "I literally couldn't have done this on my own. I appreciate you more than you know." He pulled in closer which surprised me a bit, so I had a delayed reaction. "I love you."

"I love you too." We stayed like that for a while until Seb came into the room.

He had his iPad in his hands and a small smile on his face. Lin didn't see Seb come in, so when Seb started talking, he jumped a bit. "Can we get ice cream in a bit?" He asked.

Lin turned around to face him, still in shock that he was in the room. He looked at me then back a Sebastian and said, "I mean yeah... Sure."

"Yes!" He was very excited, so I'm guessing that was his little gesture. It made me laugh though because of how cute it was. Lin looked at me like I was crazy, which made me laugh even more, so I was pretty much having a giggle fit because of something so small that he did.

"Are you ok? Do I need to call someone to come pick you up?" He was being sarcastic, which made me laugh even harder that I fell to the ground. After I fell, I started choking due to lack of air. "Ok, Groff you need to chill."

I tried to breathe normally because laughing could prove fatal to me in this situation. It was a struggle to get my breathing back, but eventually I started to breathe normally yet still being in pain from my sides and my chest. Even my throat was aching. "Ok let me get ready. We're gonna go get ice cream because that kid needs it." I said trying to get up off the floor. I felt weak, but I'll be ok.

We started getting ready to go out for ice cream. I probably sounded crazy for saying that, but I wouldn't be too sure. After we were done Seb grabbed Lin and I's hands and walked us downstairs. He was getting very impatient with us which was quite funny, but I've run out of laughing juice for the day.

Last minute I got the keys to the car and unlocked it so we could get in. I started the car I went to drive to the nearby ice cream place while Sebby was very excited in the back seat. His face was just full of excitement. Even when I was a kid I wasn't that excited for sweets as he was. He was just a whole different breed.

Once we got to the ice cream place, Seb jumped out of the car and waited for someone to guide him across the street. He grabbed both of our hands and walked into the store. We ordered what we wanted and sat down in a small booth. He started eating the ice cream as if he was starving. I told him "Slow down buddy you're going to get a brain freeze if you keep that up."

He slowed down very little and ate the whole cup in seconds. He had chocolate all over his mouth and just looked like he ate a hole candy store. Lin tried wiping his mouth with a napkin, but it was no use. It didn't come off at all.

After that we got home and finally got the ice cream off of Seb's face. He thanked us for taking him and sat on the couch. I loved that he had really good manners. He was just like Lin: respectful, honest etc. I just know that he'll end up with a good life with whoever he chooses to be with and maybe, hopefully, even children.

I now get what Lin said to me that one time we were in our dressing room before this all happened. "Once you have a child the world changes for you. The way you see things changes. The way you talk changes. What is your pride and joy right now will change. They will shape your whole world." It still sticks to me even today, and I have learned that it is true.

Hope you guys liked this chapter! I wrote this a little last minute because I need to sleep, but I really want to try and post these daily. Hope you guys have a great day!

Questions comments concerns or suggestions?

1494 words🧪