Chapter 10

Lin's POV

I woke up and got dressed in a rush it was 9:30 and I had to be there by 10 for the house tour. I quickly put on exceptional clothes and accidentally woke up Groff while doing so.

"Lin what the fuck are you doing? It's almost 10."

"House tour."

"Oh ok... wait you found a house already? I need to see this" he jumped out of bed and got dressed.

We went running into the car so we could drive to the house. I figured out the address and left the apartment complex.

Once we got there Groff couldn't believe his eyes. It was absolutely beautiful. "Holy shit... how did you find this place?"

"There's this thing called the internet. You should try it sometime." I patted his shoulder and knocked on the door as he followed me. He was still stunned. I was too but I mean I saw it on the internet already, so I was a bit more calmed down than I was when I first saw it. It had a mid evil type of vibe to it on the outside, but on the inside it looked like a castle.

The realtor opened the door and smiled at me. "You must be Lin-Manuel!"

We shook hands. "Please, call me Lin."

"And... can I ask who that might be?" She said pointing at Groff.

I heard a little "huh" from Groff and I laughed. He was still stunned

"He's my... acquaintance. His name is Jonathan."

Jonathan smiled and waved like the cute little bean that he is.

"Alright then Lin, Jonathan, please come in." She said with sigh seeing that we were quite childish in our own ways. We may be children but we are respectful.

She showed us the kitchen and immediately Groff was glued to it. He it touched like every counter as he was in amazement. And the table was so long! The dining room was huge! Big enough to fit my whole family for family gatherings. The living room was beautiful already. I might just leave it like that without decorating it.

There were two bedrooms down the hallway each with their own bathrooms which was a relief. The bedrooms were average sized. When we went upstairs. It basically looked like a hotel hallway. The floors were carpeted. Except at the end, there was a second living room, but it was half the size of the one downstairs. The basement was just a carpeted area with a small bathroom at the corner. Every room had its own bathroom which I was very thankful for.

We went back into the living room and sat on the couches by the coffee table. "So Lin.." the realtor said "what do you think." She had a nervous look on her face. I'm guessing she hadn't had much luck with selling this house.

"It's lovely! I think I might just settle here."

She had the face of relief and said "so are thinking of buying? Cause if so you just need to sign two things and that's really it."

"Yeah. Yeah I think I'll take it."

She gave me the papers and I signed them. She handed me the keys and said "I think I might be on private property." Don't we all love sarcasm.

I laughed and thanked her for what she did. I gave her a friendly hugged her. She got the sticker that said "SOLD" on the sign outside. I was so happy! This is my first house and it was a pretty big milestone for me. I would have my kids here and my family. I basically bought my own coffin! (A/N ahh yes. An office reference)

We left my brand new house and went to work because we did have a show after all. When we were driving to the theater, Groff decided to end the silence. "I can't believe you just did that. I mean it was right on the spot! You just signed the papers like it was nothing! I would've been a little bit hesitant in buying that house if I were buying it. Look, it's a really nice house and I'm sure you'll live there for as long as you can, but that just happened so quickly!"

"I know right! Just be happy that you won't have an annoying Puerto Rican koala with you every night and morning."

"If I were to choose between being alone and being with a Puerto Rican koala, I'd choose to be with a Koala. And I mean koalas are cute and cuddly, so why wouldn't I want that?" He said looking at me and smiling.

He grabbed my hand and rubbed my knuckles as we approached the theater. "The fans are going to find out if we keep this up."

"You don't want them to find out? I mean they're your supporters, Lin. Some of them have been here since we've met. Some of them probably known you longer than I've known you! It's ok, seriously. Now come on we'll be late."

We walked out of the car hand in hand and kind of leaning in on each other. We ran to the stage door and fans started to notice that we were holding hands. As soon as the news got within the crowd they started to chant "Grofflin, Grofflin." Oh lord they had a ship name already.

We got into the theater and ran into Pippa. "Heard them screaming what'd y'all do." She looked down at us, still holding hands. "Oh ok I see." She winked at Groff and went to her dressing room. I looked up to see Groff blushing hardcore. We went into our dressing room and got dressed for the show. I gave Groff a long hug before the five minute call because I just felt like I didn't give him enough love today. He practically fell asleep standing up. He wasn't prepared to wake up at 9 in the morning, I'm guessing.

I sat him down on the couch as he slightly woke up. I shook him and told him "we still have a show remember?"

Then unfortunately the intercom went on and said "Thank you 5" which was more than enough to get Groff up and running. I went to my place and the show began.

Groff was less focused since he was so tired. He's going to take the longest nap when he gets home. I'm going to miss living with him. Actually.... he said he'd live with me if we were together. Today isn't a good day for that is it? I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

After the show ended, Groff asked if I needed I ride. I gratefully accept his offer, and we ran back into his car. "Wait where are we going?" He was right. I had forgotten about that.

"Depends, where do you want to sleep? It's quite obvious you're tired. You woke up 3 hours before you would usually get up, so I would recommend sleeping."

"Ok then.." he said yawning. "Can we go to my place then we'll get you settled in?" He asked tiredly.

I nodded and we drove to his place and we slept there for a good 3 hours.

I went to the bathroom after I woke up and sat on the couch. That's when I heard my phone ring..

Hope you liked that chapter! I'm honestly starting to love writing and this is only my first book! By the way the picture attached was my reference but you can see the house however you'd like. AND Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you guys have a safe and loving thanksgiving with your family or those close to you!

Questions comments concerns or suggestions?

1293 words♈️