Chapter 39

Lin's POV

To put this out easily, we got up, ate, and sat in the living room for about an hour before we left. Everyone was in the living room just talking before the sad part of the day, which was leaving. Groff had been really eh about this day, which was understandable seeing that it was his family. I wouldn't want to leave either if I were him. He checked his watch before sighing. "Guys, we really should be going" he said sadly.

We all stood up and said our goodbyes. I went to shake his dad's hand, but his dad took my hand and pulled me into a hug instead. Why is he such a good hugger? I pulled out of the hug and said bye to his mom, obviously giving her a hug as well. She was on the brink of tears and said "Please take care of him."

"You got nothing to worry about." She held me tighter and took a deep breath. She let go, put her hands on my shoulders, and smiled her amazing smile, which was way too hard not to smile back.
And last but not least, David. I hugged him as well and thanked him for giving Seb company while we were here. Seb would not let go of his leg and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. "Seb, we have to go, c'mon."

"Can we keep him" Seb asked while smiling, obviously saying it as a joke. David whispered something to Seb which made him smile and nod. He said bye to David and climbed on me so that I could carry him.

Once we were outside, it started to drizzle. Just our luck. We gave the last round of hugs which ended in Groff letting out tears, but I wasn't sure if they were happy or sad ones. We got in the car and I started driving. "Well that was one of the hardest moments of my life" Groff said running his hand through his hair.

I don't even know what to say to make him laugh. I guess it just wasn't the time. "We'll see them soon, don't worry" I said putting my hand on his knee. He grabbed my hand and started fiddling with my fingers. He hasn't done that before, so I asked him about it. "You ok, Groffsauce?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bother" he said letting go of my hand.

I grabbed his hand before he hid them and said "Don't be sorry. I was just asking since you've never done that before. Also, I asked if you were ok."

He paused and smiled while looking at our hands. "I'm ok."

"You sure?" He nodded and went back to fiddling with my fingers. The rain started getting harder as we drove more and more.

"Papa, don't crash" Seb said looking out the window. He always says this when it's raining, but he's never said it around Groff.

"Can you not drive in the rain" Groff asked nervously holding onto my hand for dear life.

"Yeah I can. Seb says that every time I drive in the rain. He's just joking" I said, his grip getting slightly lighter as I went on.

"Who said I was joking" Seb asked with a small giggle.

"Sebastian" I said laughing at the fact that he's still trying to convince Groff that I'm a horrible driver. I looked at Groff and he was terrified. I held his hand a little tighter and said "He's still joking we're fine."

He sighed and said "We better be."

I laughed at his attitude and focused back on the road. Then I realized that we had spent so much time in Pennsylvania that I forgot some of my lines which is major and I'm kind of scared to go back on Tuesday. Tommy will not be so forgiving if I forget literally everything. "Hey Groff, do you remember your lines?"