Chapter 21

Lin's POV

So of course, the alarm went off today, but since Seb didn't have school today, we slept in more than usual. Today was a two show day also known as one of the two most tiring days of my weekly life. We had a show at two then a show at eight. If I'm being honest I forgot Saturdays existed.

I look down from my spot to see Groff not- so peacefully sleeping. He didn't look comfortable at all if I'm being honest. He looked like he had been woken up at an unwanted time, except he went back to sleep after I turned off the alarm. I hate to wake him, but I have no choice. We have a whole two hours to get Seb up and out of this house to my parents' house. I know I could probably do this on my own, but I couldn't let him sleep in while he looks like he's in pain. It didn't look right.

I tried calling him so he could wake up. Since he isn't a heavy sleeper, he woke up immediately. He let a little groan of discomfort. I kind of felt bad for waking him. He tiredly looked up at me just gave me the look of "I don't want to." I mean I get that. It's Saturday, and who would want to spend time at work on a Saturday. I groomed his hair out of his face and looked at him tiredly, but not as tired as he looked at me. His eyes were squinting and his piercingly blue eyes could only be seen very little compared to normal.

"Y'know we really need to go. It's getting later and we need to drop off Seb. Unless you want to be here alone I suggest getting ready." I got up from where I was and got dressed for the day.

Groff just kind of looked at me and didn't move from his side. "Do I have to go?" He asked with hope that he didn't have to. He looked so tired. He was falling asleep as he asked me that question.

"You don't have to, but it's not my choice. I'll come back to wake you up so we can go." He nodded his head and turned around so he could go back to sleep.

I walked out of the room and went to go wake up Seb. I shook him until he woke up and he just wasn't in the mood to be bothered. I felt bad, but I really had to wake him up. When he finally gave in I asked him "hey, are you ready to go to your Grandparent's house?"

He shook his head and went straight to sleep. Man, these two are too much. I went back to the room and unfortunately I had to wake up Jonathan so I could tell him something. "Jon? I'm sorry to wake you again, but I need to tell you something." He looked up at me with his tired eyes and waited for me to ask my question. "Do you want to stay here? Seb doesn't want to wake up, and you are still incredibly exhausted so...?"

He nodded his head and turned back around to sleep again. I called my mom to tell her that Groff was taking care of Seb while I'm at the theater which she understood, obviously.

I was too awake to go back to sleep, but luckily I have a plan for me and the rest of the cast. After the show on Sunday, I was thinking that they could come over to the house since we hadn't had a full cast party in a while. Of course I'd need to ask Groff for his agreement with the plan, but that'll have to wait until he's awake.

In the meanwhile I wrote out a grocery list if the get together I had planned works out. I made myself a coffee and worked on the list until it was time to go. I went back upstairs to tell Groff I was leaving and to say goodbye to the both of them. I gave Seb a kiss on the forehead and went into our bedroom to say goodbye to Groff. "Hey, I'm leaving. I'll see you after the first show, ok?" He nodded his head and gave me kiss goodbye.

With that I ran back downstairs, grabbed the keys, and got into the car. I drove all the way to the theater in silence, which I absolutely hated. Once I walked in the door, Pippa walked up to me and asked me where Groff is. "He needs rest, so I let him sleep in. I think he's going to take the day off."