Chapter 2

I look at her wide eyed and I just don't know what to say. Should I tell her the truth? Even if I did, would she tell anyone? If she did tell anyone I'm ok with her, Jazzy, and Renée knowing and that's it. Ok her goes nothing...

"Yeah. Yeah, I really do." I said bluntly. "Is it obvious?"

"Well to me it is super obvious" she says "but then again I am a pretty good detective when it comes to my friends.I mean what can I say? I'm good at my job" she says with confidence.

I, on the other hand, was blushing so hard. I mean I knew I could trust Pippa but what if she tells the whole cast! I'm worrying too much.
"Look Pip, I just don't tell anyone. And I'll tell Renée and Jazzy because I really do trust you guys. I mean c'mon! George and his Schuyler sisters!" I said laughing towards the end to try and lighten the mood. "Do you promise?"

"I promise! I would never tell anyone without your consent." She said reassuringly

"Thank you so much, honestly."

"It's just me being the best best friend" she said
cool-ly.

We said our goodbyes and I went back home. I just dropped my bag at the door because I so tired! I honestly didn't care anymore. I was hungry so I ate some chicken and went to bed.

I couldn't sleep. As much as I was tired I was... worried? I honestly don't know why I was worried. My phone buzzed as a notification popped up on the screen. It was a message from... Lin? Why is he up so late.

Lin~ Hey Groff I know you're probably super tired, but I was wondering if I could stay a night at your place

"Well this is weird" I thought. Why would he want to stay at my place?

Groffsauce~ Hey Lin! Of course you can stay, but if it's not too much to ask, is there anything wrong? Is there a reason that you don't want to be at your place right now?

Lin~ I'll tell you when I get there... Thank you though it means a lot. See you soon

Groffsauce~ Oh ok and it's no problem. See you soon.

I wonder what his reasoning is...

Lin's POV (finally)

As I'm walking through the New York streets, I can't stop thinking about what just happened. It was quite terrifying...

Flashback
"Lin, I want you to be dead honest with me" Vanessa said with a hint of rage and concern.

"Uhm ok?" I was worried. Why was she mad? I just hope that my son can't hear us from the other room. It would be hard to explain why mommy and daddy were fighting.

Vanessa took a deep breath and asked "Do you love Groff? Or is you and him kissing for random videos part of trying to make me jealous? Because if so you were successful." She asked on the verge of tears.

I wanted to hug her so bad and tell her that I loved her, but deep down I love him. I really do. I can't lie too my wife, right? So I said "Look, I do love him A LOT and I kiss him because we're very close. I also love you a lot since you are my wife. I love you so much!" I said with honestly in my voice.

"I see the way you look at him" she said bluntly. "And I know you don't look at me like you look at him. He loves you too and I can see it in his eyes. Just go!" Vanessa said with her voice cracking towards the end.

"But Vanessa-"

"Just go"

I packed some of my things and just ran into the streets.

End of Flashback~
So now I'm just speed walking to Groff's house and I have no idea if I should tell him or not. Even though I didn't exactly say that I liked him more than a friend, I'm guessing Vanessa sensed that I'd be happier with him. I only know that because a husband is supposed to know his wife's looks and what they mean.

I finally reached Groff's apartment, so I knocked on the door.

"Lin! Hi! Come on in!" He said ecstatically. I'm guessing he was happy because he doesn't get to many visitors in his apartment, but then again who wouldn't want to have a sleepover with THE Jonathan Drew Groff.

"So do you usually get any visitors?" I asked.

"Yeah I do but not recently. It gets quiet, so it's sometimes unsettling." He said with full honesty while looking around his apartment.

"It seems..... empty?" I said while looking around and putting my bag down.

"Yeah I know. I mean it is an apartment for one. I have a pull out couch but, frankly, it's not that comfortable."

"It's alright I'll manage."

"No! You can't sleep on this old thing! Have my bedroom, it's all yours!" He said kindly and full of acceptance.

"No it's completely fine! It's your place not mine."

"Exactly! You're sleeping in my room, ok?" He said picking up my stuff and carrying them to his room.

"Ok fineeee. You win." I honestly don't sleep by myself since I've been with Vanessa, so this is going to be weird.

Groff went back into the living room and sat on the couch and patted the spot next to him, telling me to sit.

"So Lin, what brings you to my residence?"

"Well me and Vanessa.... kind of.. well... fought over somethings" I said hesitating to say more.

"Do you mind if I ask what you were fighting over?"

Shit. Here goes nothing

"Groff, y'know how we kissed in that video?" He nodded in agreement. "Well V kind of thought that I liked you more than her. So she asked me if I did and I.... I said that I-"

"Before you finish, can I clarify something?" I nodded. "Where did this conversation even come from?"

"I honestly don't know. She started the conversation."

"Ok so you answered her with...?"

"I said that I.... loved you" I mean I do love him very much! I would honestly have him over Vanessa if I had a choice, but I was being nice to Vanessa. I didn't want to hurt her.

Groff's POV

I just froze at his answer. I couldn't think or feel. The man I have loved for YEARS finally confesses that he loves me? No. He's just being nice. I realize that I'm just staring at him. His features are just-.... wow.

"Hellooooo...? Earth to Groffsauce"

I shook my head and snapped out of my frozen state. "Huh?" I felt so stupid.

"Soo... what do you think? Do you... I don't know.... feel the same way?"

I could see the hope in his eyes. I had a thought of that's it! No more hiding! This is my chance! But all that came out of my mouth was nonsense! Literal nonsense!

"Uhm... uh.."

Lin patted my shoulder and starts chuckling to himself. "We'll talk in the morning, ok?" Then he went to bed. "G'night"

I can't believe that I just did that. I embarrassed myself in front of Lin- ManFUCKINGuel Miranda. How can I be so stupid! Oh my god Groff you're an idiot! I tried to sleep even though I was disappointed in myself.

Oh well.

Hope y'all liked that chapter I am probably just going to keep writing daily but I have no clue

Anyway leave suggestions!

1266 words ♈️