Chapter 15

Lin's POV

I woke up in such discomfort, so naturally I moved so I could be comfortable. I looked at the clock and it read, 7:30. Fuck, why so early. That's when I realized that Groff wasn't in bed with me. He must be up at this time, not to mention we slept at around 9pm last night. The bathroom light is on so he must be in there.

Since it was so early, I went to check if Seb was still sleeping. It was hard to get out of bed since my back was so stiff, so I stretched a little bit until I could get up comfortably. I walked down the hall and opened the door to Seb's room. He was lightly sleeping, so if you touched him or made a noise, he would wake up. I sat there and waited for him to wake up, which was creepy for me because it felt like I was stalking my son. His hair just looked so touchable so I started to groom his hair as he slowly, but surly woke up.

It took him a second to recognize me, so he had a look of confusion on his face. "Morning Papa" he said while yawning.

"G'Morning Sebby. Did you sleep well?" I got a nod in response. "Do you want me to drop you off at school?"

He groaned in response. I guess that's too many questions for poor Sebby. "I don't want to go" he complained.

"I'm sorry buddy but you didn't go yesterday so you kind of have to today. Come on you gotta get up or you'll be late!"

He hesitated, but got up to get ready. Only six years old, but very independent.

I went to go see if Groff was out of the bathroom because I wanted to hug him. What can I say? I'm very clingy. I opened the door and there he was, fresh out of the shower, or so I'm guessing. He looked at me with a sympathetic look and said "good morning Lin."

"G'morning Groffsauce" I said as I laid my head on his shoulder. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were asleep, and i didn't want to wake you up so early. You looked untouchable" he said smiling, as always.

"Well I kind of have to drop Sebby off at school, so.... I don't know if you want to go...?"

"I mean yeah I'll go. I need to have some type of drive in the morning to keep me somewhat sane" he said with the look of pure comfort.

"Ok then." I got up from where I was sitting to grab my clothes so I could change.

"I'll leave the room if you want me to I know you probably want your own privacy and-"

"No Groff it's ok! Just do what you want. You kind of live here now" even though he hasn't completely moved in yet, I still counted him as some type of 'roommate.'

"Ok" he said looking down so he could think to himself. He thinks too much. I patted his shoulder and went into the shower.

Once I was ready, I get out of the bathroom to see that Groff had left the bedroom. That's until I heard Sebby screaming for me from downstairs. I got super worried so my instincts kicked in and I grabbed the knife that I kept in my nightstand and ran down the stairs. "GET YOUR HAND OFF MY SON."

I look at Sebby who was scared of me. Why would he be scared? Then I saw Groff literally on the ground panicking and repeatedly saying "I'm sorry" or "I didn't mean it."

I dropped the knife and told Sebby to go to his room really quickly and I assured him that he wasn't in trouble. When he was out of ear shot I ran to Groff, who was still panicking, and hugged him. He was hiding his face still thinking that I would hurt him, but I wouldn't ever hurt him. I started to say "it's ok. You didn't do anything wrong. I just heard Seb screaming and it scared me. I'm so sorry."

He looked at me and his eyes were full of fear. I felt so bad. Stupid fucking fatherly instincts. He was crying, but cried even more when I hugged him, probably for other reasons. I just groomed his hair and whispered comforting things to him until he finally calmed down. I gave him a glass of water and helped him onto the couch so he could feel better. "Do you feel ok? I honestly didn't mean to scare you like that. I'm so sorry."

"I feel ok and it's alright I was just in shock" he said as if he was whispering. He laid his head on my shoulders and I put my arm around his shoulders and kissed his temple. "When does Sebby have to go to school?"

"Shit. Forgot about that." I got up from the couch and ran to Seb's room he was crying as well.

"Papa is Uncle Groff in trouble?"

"No he's not in trouble. He's ok. He was just scared of me because I thought you needed help" I said hugging him.

"Ok Papa" he said accepting the hug.

"Hey look Seb we need to get you to school, ok? Then afterwards we can go to the park or something, but we have to get to school right now" I said in a rush to get his backpack the lunch I packed for him last night. We ran down stairs and Groff had already started the car, so we got into the car and drove off to Seb's elementary school.

Seb had all these questions for Groff like "When did you learn to drive?" Or "Why is school so boring?" And then he asked the unthinkable. "So if Papa is your boyfriend, then are you my dad too?"

He didn't know how to answer so he passed the mic to me by saying, "I don't know you'd need to ask your dad." Dammit Groff.

Sebby looked at me waiting for an answer and I said, "Well if Groff is ok with being your dad then yes he is your dad." Groff looked at me for a second and blushed a bit, but the light turned green, so we had to go. I started secretly recording Groff, because Seb couldn't be seen on the internet yet. I already knew what my curious son would asks next.

Sebby was waiting for his answer and said "Uncle Groff, are my dad?"

"Yeah, yeah I am your dad. I would love to be your dad Seb." He had the biggest smile on his face. He grabbed my hand and I stopped recording right then and there. Groff looked at me and in his eyes I could see that he was proud and that he was excited for his new chapter of life. Fatherhood.

We pulled up to Sebby's school, and Groff got down to help him get his things from the car. "Thanks Daddy!" Groff's first 'daddy'!

Groff was just so happy. "Bye Sebby! Have a great day." He came back into the car and was all giddy. He was just so happy and excited to be Seb's dad. He kissed me and started driving. Yep, he was too excited.

He drove to his apartment and told me to help him get his stuff into the car. He was on a roll. Once we got into the apartment, he took all of his important stuff and put them in box so he could put them in a car. He then started packing his suitcases and put those by the door as well.

I have no idea why he was in a rush to get out of this place. I mean it did look, honestly, sad, but he hasn't even given his two weeks notice yet. "Groff why are you in a hurry?"

"Because my landlord is a homophobic prick! I don't want to see him anymore." He just started piling things into the car and said "ok I think I'm ready." He looked so proud of himself.

We went back to the house and I helped him carry his stuff into the living room. He ran upstairs and told me to follow him. I was very confused until we reached the room. He plopped himself onto the bed and said "nap time. Now."

I laid down next to him and just caught my breath for a second. He brought me closer to him and I snuggled into him. His heart was pounding and his breathing was out of control. I started grooming his hair as he looked at me, lovingly. He kissed me and closed his eyes so he could take a nap. What a day this will be.

Hope you guys liked this chapter! I typed very fast so don't mind the small errors.

Questions comments concerns or suggestions?

1500 words🧪