Chapter 3

Lin's POV (that same night)
I lied there, staring at the ceiling unable to sleep. I have no clue why it's so hard to sleep. I mean the bed is comfortable as hell, and the scent in this room reeks of "Groff." It was the best room ever! I just don't know what's missing from this room other than heat. That's it! Heat. This is why I hate sleeping alone. I know that Groff likes me how I like him, but I don't know if he's willing to sleep in the same bed as me. I should ask.

I got up from Groff's bed and go into the living room just to see a restless Groffsauce. He looked so tired, but he was just restless. It was quiet until he decided to speak up.

"Can't sleep I'm guessing"

How did he know? "Yeah you're room is super cold."

"I could give you more blankets if want." He said already getting up from the pullout bed.

"Yeah maybe that'll help."

He went to this closet that was just filled to the brim with blankets and pulled out a few to give to me.

"Here have this" he said tiredly

"Thank you Groff." All I got was a yawn in response.

I covered myself in every blanket until I realized that this is just not going to work. I needed someone to be in bed with me, but I know that'll never happen especially with Groff. That's when I heard the door open.

"Hey" Groff said while yawning. "I was just checking up on you to see if you're ok."

He was obviously tired. He just had that look in his eyes.

"Yeah I'm ok" I responded, but to him it was obvious that I was lying.

"What's wrong" he asked genuinely concerned

I had to tell him the truth "To be honest Groff, I can't sleep by myself ever since me and Vanessa shared a bedroom. Now I can't sleep since we've shared a bed for years. It just feels weird being in bed by myself."

"Oh ok" there was a pause until he started the conversation again "I-I can lay with you i-if you want me to"

I couldn't believe he just asked my consent for that. I didn't want to sound desperate so I replied with "if you really want to"

With that he jumped onto the bed and we just fell straight to sleep without a word to each other. It felt just like home.

~Next Day~
I heard Groff's alarm go off and I saw him get up at the speed of lightning to turn it off. He went straight to the bathroom and I just sat there and thought "Maybe that's why he's always early." He came out of the bathroom already dressed and ready to go, while I just lay there and looked at him in disbelief.

"Unless you want to walk to the theater, I suggest you get up and ready"

With that I hugged him for no reason other than I felt like it. The hug lasted for what felt like years. It just felt different. I went to go get dressed and came into the living room to meet an ultra-hyper Groff.

"Come on let's go!" He said grabbing his car keys and unlocking the door.

He ran down the hallway and into the elevator pressed the ground level button and waited. He literally ran out of the elevator and into the parking lot to get into his car. Why is he so excited. "Wait up!" I screamed as he started the car.

I got into the car and he just started driving as soon as I closed the door. The smile on his face was just huge and all you could hear from him was excitement.

We got out of the car and he ran into the theater while I speed walked to try and catch up to him. By the time I got into the dressing room he was already there getting ready for the show. How is this man so fast.

All I could say to him was "How"

"It's my normal routine." He said full of humility.

He really does love what he does I thought to myself.

Groff's POV

I have no clue why I was more excited for work than the usual today. It felt good running around as if it was a race. Lin unfortunately was very slow and couldn't keep up with my excitement. The only mood change I see from him today is that he is way more awake than usual. I think I helped him out with that.

Also he hugged me today. It was the best hug that I've ever gotten in my whole life! He's like the best hugger ever. I really wanted it to last the whole day. I just really want to cuddle and watch a movie with him, but, obviously, we can't do either of those.

Last night was also weird though. I couldn't even respond to Lin when he asked if I felt the same way. Obviously I did, but can he tell? I mean he let me share a bed with him and I greatly accepted his request, but I have no idea if that was a sign. I'll drop more hints today just in case he doesn't know. As if on time, he walks through the door once again.

Lin comes in and sits on the couch looking like he was done with the world. He stroked his long hair with one hand and me being the fool I am just stared. I mean, who wouldn't? He was a beautiful human being.

I really didn't want to break the silence but I really wanted to talk about last night. I mean I didn't have the right mindset to answer. And the fact that all he did was chuckle and walk off was quite funny actually. I guess I'll have to answer... truthfully.

"Hey Lin can we talk about last night?"

Shit's about to go down.

A/N
Hope you guys liked that chapter. Hopefully I'll post tomorrow as well

I'm always open for suggestions so again if you have any...

1039 words♈️