73: Mental Health

Her back was throbbing from the dull pain of behind thrown down onto the floor

Her back was throbbing from the dull pain of behind thrown down onto the floor. Paige was just beginning to wrap her head around some of her powers thanks to Deaton, but her Aunt Odette was no longer throwing punches when it came to training her for combat.

"Are you doing okay?"

With a low groan, Paige pulled herself into a sitting position and the second she slouched her back popped in multiple different places. Deaton had mentioned that she was considered more durable than most supernatural creatures, but it sure didn't feel like it after training non-stop for the past month. She missed lacrosse practice more, which meant missing Coach screaming nonsense every two seconds.

Odette furrowed her brows together in concern, "Maybe we should take a break." She was afraid of becoming like her father and training Paige too roughly. Despite Paige asking Odette to treat her like any other hunter it was hard too. Paige looked so much like her parents that she couldn't help but think of how they'd disapprove. Or maybe not disapprove. But Andre was far more equipped to train Paige than her.

"But-" Paige groaned and bit down on her lower lip to try and muffle some of the sound, "We're almost done."

"Yes, and you've been going at it now without breaks." Odette points out as she tosses a bottle of water to Paige. Even Paige's reflexes were heightened and the fact that Paige fumbled to catch meant that she was far too tired. "Sweetheart, have you been taking care of your health?"

"I'm alive."

Odette shot her a pointed look, "Being alive and healthy are two different things. Have you been eating and sleeping regularly?"

Paige drank down the water and then set the bottle down. She reached up and scratched the back of her neck nervously. She could lie and say yes or she could tell the truth.

"Paige."

"I've been studying and trying to practice my powers."

"Deaton does not have a lot of information right now on your powers other than things you already do naturally. You shouldn't over work yourself. It's not good for your physical and mental health." Odette crossed her arms over her chest before asking, "When was the last time you hung out with your friends?"

"Ah..." Paige had been isolating herself this entire time to train, she hadn't really been that frequent in her friends' lives this past month, "Well... Everyone's busy this summer-"

"I saw that Scott boy the other day with his mother at the grocery store." Odette was growing accustomed to Beacon Hills that she was now frequently visiting the grocery store, "And I'm sure that Stilinski kid is free."

"But I need to be ready." Paige mumbles as she stretches her back a bit, "What if there is another evil thing that appears? I need to be able to take care of myself. I can't rely on Scott or Derek. I need to do something for myself."